Bargain Fittings Stainless kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got the SS kit from bargain fittings website. Had them delivered to work.

A fellow co-worker, much more mechanically inclined than I, was looking at them. It doesn't seem like there is enough room on nipple for everything to fit, Anyone else using thees think the nipple is maybe too short or am I worrying over nothing.

I've searched and searched but could find no close up pics of how these are assembled to the keg.

I'm probably worrying over nothing beause I have too much time to think about before I get to go home and actually do it.

I'm not quite sure what you're worried about, dozens of people on here (myself included) use weldless valves from bargain fittings and they work great. The pictures on their website quite clearly show that everything fits on the nipple.

ht2.jpg

the orings go on other side of the kettle.. and the threaded nipple goes through the hole you make..

I ordered a longer nipple with the kit I was planning on using with my cooler for the MLT but for the keggle I'm using the nipple that came with it since the walls are much thinner.

Just bought the comparable kit from Northern Brewer and had no issues with the install. Until you actually start to tighten the fittings up it doesn't appear the valve will fit, once tight, everything worked as it should. Use copious amounts of teflon tape.

I'm the owner of Bargain Fittings.

When you assemble them the teflon tape acts as a lubricant and the pieces will seat much closer together.
The close nipple is plenty long for pot and keg walls.
If you have any problem with them just let me know and I'll get you out a replacement part.

If moderator has a problem with me addressing questions about my products on the forum let me know.

When I installed mine in my keggel I had to make sure I didn't thread the nipple too far into the coupling, otherwise it didn't leave enough thread to get the valve on properly.

Thanks everyone. Like I said in the OP I'm sure I was just over thinking without having the keg with me ( I was at work ). Haven't drilled the holes yet. Mothers day tied up the whole weekend. Hope to get them this week. Holy crap those unibits are expensivbe!!

Back