program for figuring out a brewing schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hi There,

Last night I sat down and started thinking about my next batches. I used an Excel spreadsheet to display when they will be in the primary, secondary, bottles and finally my glass. This got me thinking about the fermentation resources that I have (carboys, bucket) and when the beer will actually be enjoyable.

Is there some program out there that can help me with this? I guess one could use MS Proheject to do this too.

Kai

DeRoux's Broux said:
www.promash.com. my favorite of all the brewing software available.

I was looking into getting this program anyway (since it has lot's of features and doesn't cost much) but I didn't find this feature listed. Will it give you a graphical display?

Kai

yea, i think they have a option for some mashin graphs and such, but i don't usethem. i'll have to mess with it some or maybe someone else that uses promash will chime in....maybe not a fermentation graph...

I like your idea of a brewing schedule... not so much a recipe calculator but more of a timeline to always have beer ready or in standby for the kegerator... have you found a solution yet?

Oriondriver

Oriondriver said:
have you found a solution yet?

Not really.

I didn't find any useful feature for this in beerSmith or ProMash. One would think that these programs should have this feature. Especially since you can enter the time spent in primary and secondary.

I still have to try MS-Project.

Kai

Kai said:
I still have to try MS-Project.

MS-Project actually works for that purpose. It's not really set up to have a carboy "work" 24-7, but once you change these defaults you can create tasks for primary, secondary, aging and drinking. Then you assign resources to these tasks (so far I only see carboys as resources that need to be managed) and you can see how many resources you need over time. It gets interesting if you add more brews and add a task for racking that is short but takes up an additional carboy since you need an empty one while the primary is still full.

You can also target a certain date (e.g. party) and figure out when to brew and how to schedule your other brews around this.

But don't by MS-Project for this purpose. I have it for free on my work laptop.

But I would still like to see this feature added to BeerSmith and/or ProMash. Maybe I should send them an e-mail.

Kai

Back