You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has to be some Murphy's Laws of hydrometers:
1. Hydrometers are more likely to break on brew day. Especially if it's a day your LHBS is closed.
2. The greater the distance to your LHBS, the greater the probability the hydrometer will break.
3. If you have a set of hydrometers, the one most likely to break is the most expensive, and/or the one you need now.
4. When it breaks, pieces will fall into your beer.
5. When you go to the LHBS to buy a replacement, your hydrometer will be the one out of stock.

There has to be some Murphy's Laws of hydrometers:
1. Hydrometers are more likely to break on brew day. Especially if it's a day your LHBS is closed.
2. The greater the distance to your LHBS, the greater the probability the hydrometer will break.
3. If you have a set of hydrometers, the one most likely to break is the most expensive, and/or the one you need now.
4. When it breaks, pieces will fall into your beer.
5. When you go to the LHBS to buy a replacement, your hydrometer will be the one out of stock.

That's my luck ALL over the place!:rockin:

pb

Funny I jinxed myself about a year ago as I posted that mine was 10-15 years old.
Only a triple had Brix, Plato, and Gravity. I had just finished cleaning and slid it back into the holder and the plastic end of the tube popped out and that was it. :eek:

beaksnbeer said:
Funny I jinxed myself about a year ago as I posted that mine was 10-15 years old.
Only a triple had Brix, Plato, and Gravity. I had just finished cleaning and slid it back into the holder and the plastic end of the tube popped out and that was it. :eek:

Psshh, I don't believe in jinxing myself by saying I'll never break my hydrometer.

Wait....hold on a second, I just heard a suspicious noise of glass breaking coming from my brewing equipment closet. I wonder what that could've been....
;)

When thinking about people you know, you try to pair beers with their personality. So and so's a coffee stout....that sounds good, I think ill make one. So and so's a chili ale....that sound fun, I think ill make one....

When thinking about people you know, you try to pair beers with their personality. So and so's a coffee stout....that sounds good, I think ill make one. So and so's a chili ale....that sound fun, I think ill make one....

I just did this last week when listing out beers to give away for christmas :mug:

You say "I did" out loud when you hear that Budweiser commercial that starts "Do you know who brewed your beer?"

When you brew on the sly so SWMBO won't fuss at you for brewing twice in the same week. I'm doing this one as a surprise for her. As such I have to ferment in the keg because a bucket would be a little more obvious.

Whattawort said:
When you brew on the sly so SWMBO won't fuss at you for brewing twice in the same week. I'm doing this one as a surprise for her. As such I have to ferment in the keg because a bucket would be a little more obvious.

Ninja brewing. Nice

Hahaha, he didn't care he was hustling his friend! Man I used to love that movie

I used to love this dude red suit, so g!

rushhour3107.jpg

When your laid up sick praying you feel good enough to brew tomorrow. Also wondering about the decongestant property's of standing over boiling wort

When your laid up sick praying you feel good enough to brew tomorrow. Also wondering about the decongestant property's of standing over boiling wort

There have been a couple occasions I have put off planned brew days cause I didn't want to give my beer a cold :eek:

When live in an apartment and you store your homebrew stuff in multiple places such as, a hollow box end table, the top shelf of the pantry, under the dining room table, and in a cardboard box in the corner of the bedroom. And when your wife complains to friends that your homebrew stuff is all over the place you deny, deny, deny!

The link I provided lets you play then on line too! Steel Rain was the ultimate tank war game! You could run over enemy guys & hear them scream,gargle,etc.

...When you have several rooms in your house to choose from for placing your fermenter, based on their differing temperatures. And you have to explain to SWMBO why there's a 6.5 gallon carboy sitting in the corner of the guest bedroom. :D

Back