Good examples of BJCP styles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleMule

Reaction score
So I've bought a copy of "Brewing Classic Styles". I've been looking through it and reading the descriptions of different styles. Some of the styles I am familiar with and have tried. Others I am not familiar with, but they sound interesting/good but I've never tried them. I would like to try a good commercial example (or 2 or 3) before I go ahead and brew up a recipe from the book for a particular style I'm not familiar with.
There are websites like Ratebeer and Beer Advocate that rate commercial beers. The "problem" I have with those sites is that they are being rated by your "Average Joe". There is somthing to be said for popular opinion but, I wanted to know if there is a site that is rated by BJCP judge type people. People who are very knowledgeable about style guielines and what a beer is supposed to taste like.
I know that as homebrewers we have the privilege of going outside of the guidelines to make somthing we really enjoy, but I'd like to have a proper starting reference point before I start to experiment and tweek to my liking.

Can anyone help a brother out?

Yep! That looks like great place to start.
Why didn't I think to look up BJCP? :eek:

Back