Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha....no art history for me. i took real classes...hard ones too. i just like da photoshop...i likes it alot!

the reason for lack of constructive criticism is that the guy who posted it said...
1) a friend made it...
2) ...a while ago and
3) his friend is a professional game designer

taken together there is little reason to offer advice because the designer likely won't see the comments and may not revisit a past project that might have been printed and used already.

most importantly, the poster thinks this label is awesome and that his friend is an excellent designer. the latter may be true, but the former is clearly subjective. that it took an hour to make is a comment directed at the relative ease his friend had in making this label. that's somewhat insultive to the efforts others put in without any understanding to the process. hence my criticism.

My bad, I know that comment came off bad after I posted it. Just messing with ya, but at the same time, if your gonna analyze it might as well throw out some suggestions. I liked the label and the impressionistic feel to it. Its all subjective though...unless its my label, then its perfect...always

:D

I'll show him what you said. Overall I'm pleased. I don't have a pattern. I'm only labeling a six pack or two of each beer I make so I won't mind cutting them. I'm a noob but I want to keep one of each kind unopened for years just for keepsake. My business deals with a local print shop so I can get awesome prices on vinyl stick labels.

wanna be friends?

Yeah I certainly wasnt trying to insult anyone. Not sure how you got that from the post. I would have to agree with Calic and Dave. The point of saying it took an hour was that I think my buddy is an outstanding artist. If you're insulted then I would say you are far too sensitive and read into stuff a little much. And I disagree with your assesment

Dand, thats a sweet label. Love the covered bridge.

1) that's the beauty of art...its subjective and in the eye of the beholder.
2) me...sensitive...nah...i'm slightly narcissistic and slightly histrionic so i'm rubba and your you're glue...what eva you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

kurtism said:
good job. i especially like that you put approximate abv...gold star for accuracy.

are you keeping the general style going for other brews or making them all different?

Thanks! This was my first label. I plan to create a style in due time. I don't have a hydrometer yet so "approx" seemed appropriate.

Thanks! This was my first label. I plan to create a style in due time. I don't have a hydrometer yet so "approx" seemed appropriate.

you obviously know it is better to have one than not so when you get one, you'll just wonder why you waited..its fun to spin it and get hard numbers! plus it will give you an excuse to drink what you have in the test tube.

but even with a hydrometer, you technically always only have an approximately abv. you can correct for temperature but if you had fancy shmancy lab equipment at your disposal, you would see that its still not 100$% accurate. most people just live with it because its not a big deal.

I meant to say thanks to you and the above to kurt

nah, i make my own labels. i just want a deal on vinyl stickers. it just seems like it would negate the step of having to soak the bottles to get the label off.

the hardest/worst part of this hobby for me...like everyone i am pretty sure is anything to do with bottling...from cleaning all of them to labeling.

kurtism said:
nah, i make my own labels. i just want a deal on vinyl stickers. it just seems like it would negate the step of having to soak the bottles to get the label off.

the hardest/worst part of this hobby for me...like everyone i am pretty sure is anything to do with bottling...from cleaning all of them to labeling.

There is adhesive on it. I'll let u know how they are after we get the design down and I'm ready. I'm not doing a lot that way because I want them as more of a keepsake

New Belgium 2 Below Clone
2419618580106941373S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wow, so creative, reading the label gave me chills, the good kind!:mug:

in the process of starting a brew blog. The first is gonna be the blog logo and the second is gonna be the label for my dry stout which is currently fermenting and will be finished in time for st pattys day. (i don't take credit for the leprechaun image, found it on google, maybe in the future i'll redo it with my own, everything around it is my own work)

hbt-web.jpg

bottle-logo-web.jpg

Both look great Steve and Crooked. Really love the Leprechaun Steve. Who hasnt had that same look the next morning or late night. And the old timey feel on your labels is perfect Crooked. I think that has to be my favorite style.

Both look great Steve and Crooked. Really love the Leprechaun Steve. Who hasnt had that same look the next morning or late night. And the old timey feel on your labels is perfect Crooked. I think that has to be my favorite style.

haha thankss...the leprechaun was exactly what i was gonna draw up in the first place then i saw it on google images and was like ****! i aint using it commercially and it'll save me time, why not?!

...but maybe someday ill actually draw it out.

while i commend the designer for being a wordsmith...idk if i want to read a novel on a beer label. kinda defeats the purpose of drinking the beer.

how does it defeat the purpose?

I love reading a label after I've poured the glass and am drinking the beer

Long time lurker, first time poster. I admire the work everyone does here and I love coming to the site as often as I can to see these labels. I just started brewing in September and am on my third batch now (bottled this past weekend). I plan to make a label for this so I'm happy I am able to look at other home brew labels for inspiration.

My first label!

Plinian_Eruption_First_Draft.png

I really like the "No Drinking" logo for pregnant women. Is that something you created or found somewhere else? I've been looking on the net using Google images, but everything I use to search pulls back images of real women holding a beer. Would you mind sharing where you got that?

Maffewl I love the writing. Thats some funny stuff. Well done.

SWMBO did a great job Relentless. Looks very profesional.

Hellbent, love the caps. Where did you get them done? I need to order caps this weekend and want to make sure Im using the best site I can find.

Bottled my first ever batch a couple weeks ago, put this label on them last night. Came out pretty well. I printed them through FedEx and used a glue stick to attach them.

prototypicale.jpg

Back