What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Coff. 6 meetings today. Horrible.

10169248_630943043664315_4827709236177695879_n.jpg

More Coff. 6 meetings today. Horrible.

10169248_630943043664315_4827709236177695879_n.jpg

After looking at that pic in silence for about 30 seconds (knowing something isn't right? why wear white gloves to carry a golf bag? Are they on the ice?) I just burst into laughter. Scarred the hell out of a few people by cracking the silence so abruptly. :)

Anyone think this whole GigaYeast Double Pitch Vermont IPA Yeast is worth the price & shipping? I'm thinking of getting it for a future IPA.

Espresso. Little to no sleep. :( But I did have a glorious super duper hot hot shower today that lasted longer than 4 minutes! So much win!

Your going to have to give some time I plan on starting to do more bottling but at the moment the pipeline is a bit thin and everything is kegged.
Coffee.

How about your Saison and nugget nectar? :ban:

More coffee. It is humid as fuq here.

COFFEE! While dreaming of tomorrow's brew day and trying out the new keezer!

On the coffee. Just another day in paradise living the dream that I wish someone would wake me up from

Well, aren't you in the serious stages of your own brewery?

Going through the worst of it right now. Having to completely re-work the business plan and estimated production/sales figures. Work 40hrs a week at the day job, brew on the weekends, and meet twice a week for meetings with the partners. It's way more involved and stressful than I had expected, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I just need to make sure that light isn't attached to a train that's going full speed. :drunk:

Going through the worst of it right now. Having to completely re-work the business plan and estimated production/sales figures. Work 40hrs a week at the day job, brew on the weekends, and meet twice a week for meetings with the partners. It's way more involved and stressful than I had expected, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I just need to make sure that light isn't attached to a train that's going full speed. :drunk:

No matter what the business, the one universal thing that every business owner has said to me is "I didn't expect it to be this much work".

No matter what the business, the one universal thing that every business owner has said to me is "I didn't expect it to be this much work".

LOL, I don't doubt that one little bit. Especially with breweries everyone says to double both the amount of time it will take to get open and how much it will cost.

LOL, I don't doubt that one little bit. Especially with breweries everyone says to double both the amount of time it will take to get open and how much it will cost.

I think the big surprise comes in when they realize how much front office work is involved in owning a business. They think "well, hell, I've been fixing cars for a living for 20 years and I do it better than anyone here. If I open my own garage, I'll get to keep all the profit for doing the same job". Then they open their own garage and realize that they now have about 20% of their time to devote to fixing cars and the rest of it is spent dealing with accounting, administrative, sales, dealing with employees, dealing with banks, dealing with the IRS, getting the landlord to fix something in the facility...and on and on. Suddenly they are working more hours than ever but making less money because only a small part of their time is devoted to stuff that they can bill someone for.

Just had a Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout from Kiuchi Brewery and a Slumbrew Flagraiser IPA from Somerville Brewing Co. Both were fantastic!!

I think the big surprise comes in when they realize how much front office work is involved in owning a business. They think "well, hell, I've been fixing cars for a living for 20 years and I do it better than anyone here. If I open my own garage, I'll get to keep all the profit for doing the same job". Then they open their own garage and realize that they now have about 20% of their time to devote to fixing cars and the rest of it is spent dealing with accounting, administrative, sales, dealing with employees, dealing with banks, dealing with the IRS, getting the landlord to fix something in the facility...and on and on. Suddenly they are working more hours than ever but making less money because only a small part of their time is devoted to stuff that they can bill someone for.

Wait a minute ... that sounds suspiciously like corporate America. By the time I get done fighting fires and sitting in endless meetings, I only do real work about 20% of the time. ;)

Wait a minute ... that sounds suspiciously like corporate America. By the time I get done fighting fires and sitting in endless meetings, I only do real work about 20% of the time. ;)

LOL!! The ratio I keep hearing for a brewery is 90% paperwork/b.s. and 10% brewing. Yeehaw! At least there is beer at the end of the day

Sounds like me. If you subtract the time I spend driving to and from all my accounts, breakfast, lunch, beer hunting, second lunch, more beer hunting, and sitting in my truck posting on HBT, I only really do about 4hrs of real uninterrupted work in a typical day. :D

Back