Corny Kegs $35.00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapaglia

Reaction score
My LHBS has ball lock Corney kegs, not reconditioned for 35.00 a piece. I am thinking this is not that great of a deal. Is this a deal?

While it isn't a terrible price (I have seen some for much more) I don't think it is a deal at all. Lately I have had kegs delivered for $25 each. I would say anything under that would be a deal. Several years ago I bought about a dozen kegs for $5 each. Now that was a deal.

While it isn't a terrible price (I have seen some for much more) I don't think it is a deal at all. Lately I have had kegs delivered for $25 each.

$25 each after shipping? In bulk, or just one?

The least I've seen anywhere for single, non-reconditioned kegs was about $20 before shipping, which added up to close to $35 after shipping. I understand bulk can save you some money but then you're spending a wad of cash all at once, too.

My LHBS has refurbished and sanitized, ready to use kegs for $35...a pretty good deal IMHO.

There is a guy on here, Insco2, that is selling them in packs of 4, for basically $100 shipped! His rebuild kits (seals) are only 2.50 as well... MUCH better than any LHBS I have seen. I just bought 4 more cornies from him myself!

From what I read these kegs are going away. They are not being used anymore by Pepsi. What did they replace them with in restaurants? Are the replacements available to us? Can they be used by us?

From what I have been told, they have been replaced by collapsible plastic containers... I dont think we want them! It is called (bag in a box). Get the cornies while you can!

You can get them from Adventures in Homebrewing in Detroit, but then again, they dont have new seals, that makes them $22 and then there is shipping. Still would have cost me more than Insco2...

As what McKBrew stated, the CHI company here in northern California.
A week and a half ago I ordered another 4 pack plus was given one free replacement as the other 4 pack I ordered months ago had one badly damaged corny sent. CHI is good about their keg quality and will correct any problems. Hats off thanks Matt. They gave me a free replacement I had to pay for the shipping.

This time I ordered thru Matt Chitiea, (530) 622-8265
The CHI Company, 6070 Enterprise Dr. Diamond Springs Ca. 95619.
The 4 pack was $92, added a 4 pack of seals (O rings) $8 more.
Shipping for the five corny's was $21. Best to order 1, 2 or 4 in a single box shipped. I would order anywhere you can soon as tomorrow may be too late and they will be all gone. Wait until that happens and then watch the LHBS prices go up on corny's.

As I posted before and what McKBrew stated, CHI purchased everything from Pepsi including all their kegs, washing and filling equipment on and on 100% of everything.
Was told Turkey purchased 2,000 kegs, Oz 1,000 kegs and he (Matt) only had 3,000 left as of a week ago. CHI supplies your LHBS across the country, the HBS stores just order then tag on their easy profit. Unless a few more corny's trickle in to HCI this is the end of them soon unless you buy the new corny's made in China or some other country I was told. I wonder what the price and quality would be? CHI at the moment is now out of 15.5 gallon kegs.

Someone had an add in Ohio or some other central states area with corny's for $17.50 before shipping. No photos or their condition. CHI corny's are cleaned and shipped under pressure i'd say 20 psi and everyone held pressure but the damaged one. The condition has always been good with small dings at the most from CHI.
My total bill was $124, $21 shipping instead of the $13 for a 4 pack as I had 5 corny's in two boxes plus added $8 for new "O" rings.
On the last order the "O" rings were free. A great company to deal with, I now have 12 corny's from them. I have one odd Coke pin lock keg that needs to be replaced with a ball lock Pepsi corny unless I get mad and murder it. It won't fit my corny manufactured refrigerator, a cute square unit with a tap.

CHI Company did have 4 packs of washed and pressurized used corny's for $76 before shipping. This was a 4 day sale ending 11-8-08. Something like $8 more for the 4-1 package (new O ring kit) vs the 4-0 $76 price. Out of state shipping only added, here in Calif. shipping and sales tax added.
This is the end of the corny's by CHI. The sale was a 4 day special ending
11-8-08. They want close the door on corny sales, less than 2,000 as of last week talking to Matt at CHI. Going fast as LHBS are buying them and making a profit selling them to you. CHI supplied many LHBS across the county, Turkey, Oz and other countries.

CHI Company did have 4 packs of washed and pressurized used corny's for $76 before shipping. This was a 4 day sale ending 11-8-08. Something like $8 more for the 4-1 package (new O ring kit) vs the 4-0 $76 price. Out of state shipping only added, here in Calif. shipping and sales tax added.
This is the end of the corny's by CHI. The sale was a 4 day special ending
11-8-08. They want close the door on corny sales, less than 2,000 as of last week talking to Matt at CHI. Going fast as LHBS are buying them and making a profit selling them to you. CHI supplied many LHBS across the county, Turkey, Oz and other countries.

They appear to still have them at that price.

My LHBS has ball lock Corney kegs, not reconditioned for 35.00 a piece. I am thinking this is not that great of a deal. Is this a deal?

Which store? I think that's the same price as the Beer & Wine at Home shop on South Broadway. Like others have said, it's an OK price, but not a great one.

Some of us Denver guys put together a group buy of 25 kegs a couple of months ago. The source was Pealbiker, here on HBT, and the cost was $10 per keg, plus freight. It worked out to just over $15 per keg delivered to my dock. Best deal I've seen recently.

I think Pedalbiker sells in smaller lots for a higher price, so you may be able to source kegs from him that way for less than the LHBS's. Ebay is a decent source for kegs, too.

Shipping a pallet of 25 corny's (one company shipped with 27 to a pallet) to California would be higher dollar per corny even if shipped to my friends Truck Tank Wash business. Your close plus have a group buy which is great. I'll stop at 16 Pepsi corny's with one pin-lock Coke corny. The redhead Coke freak must go. Nuff corny's for my personal use.

I had 10, then I bought 4 more from CHI Company (their 4/$76 sale) which were $28 each after shipping. I buy my O-Rings in bulk from McMaster, it's way cheaper than anywhere else.

Now, I'm picking up 4 more from Reverend JC tonight! :D That will put me at 18!

:ban:

I love cornies!

Word. Just ordered today. Still at the sale price. I've bought Sankes from them as well. Good people.

I'm surprised as I talked to Matt yesterday and they were still out of 15.5 Sankes. Good for you you got one. Matt's a no BS person one to keep on your phone dialer. They will keep manufacturing stainless kegs for the wineries. Your in the heartland of wine, motorcycle country (BMW's) no noise.
Tonight in the dark I just checked the back door and there was my UPS order of another 4 pack of corny's, these are dent free and almost like new. Also got the spare lid and O rings. This makes 17 Pepsi corny's, the wife stuffed a 4 pack at my dads somewhere I believe, have not located them. Now i'm worried I should have 21 of 'em just enough for my drinking needs. I have this one Coke Pin Loc corny needing a exchange for a Pepsi corny. Can work with ya adding $$$ in exchange for a Pepsi corny if anyone has a hankering for having a Coke Pin Loc corny? This within the S.F. bay area.

Word. Just ordered today. Still at the sale price. I've bought Sankes from them as well. Good people.

Back in 81 I almost moved to Saint Helena, wanted to work for a winery as a maintenance mechanic. As a licensed A&P mechanic, raised in a machine shop, Bridgeport and lathes, certified welder as a union electrician I could of found a do it all winery home. Wife wasn't going to move. It has changed so much up north over the years. I'll just die as an "islander" doing homebrewing. hey wait 55 isn't old.

I am always on craigslist. Search for "keg," "pepsi," "beer," and "soda." I bought 2 with new seals for $50. And I got a 3 tap jockey box, coldplate, 6 cornies (4 in good shape), and a pressure regulator. I traded my $200 slot machine for them.

The guy had no idea they could be used for anything but soda. 2 still had Pepsi in them.

I just finished an order with Pedalbiker for a pallet of 20 kegs at just under $18 a piece including shipping. They do need new orings, but I get those in bulk anyway.

I'm jazzed for those to arrive. :D

Back