Toilet brush holder Draft tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mts198

Reaction score
I have another thread with called barrel tower with this on it, but I wanted to let people know how to make a cheap tower without making it look too cheap like a pvc pipe tower. The allen + roth Toilet Brush Holder from lowes makes a perfect tower. It's 20 dollars and can be brass, chrome, or oil rubbed bronze (which is what I choose). Here's the chrome one
489702644789lg.jpg

417006_4627362689532_623209678_n.jpg

The metal is thick and they have a plastic insert. The plastic insert has to be removed first before drilling your holes. At the bottom you'll see two rivets that will need to be removed, I did this by using a long screw driver and hammer. The heavy base will come off with a large rubber weight , This weight has metal in the center and is too hard to drill through, so it can be thrown out. The bottom will still have the two holes where long bolts or screws can be inserted to hold it on the kegerator or bar. The top cap of the toilet brush holder will have a hole which can be fitted with a screw cap. Drill your faucet holes with a metal hole cutter (if your going for two it's better to off center them). That's about it. The chalk board tap handles are easy I opted for a chisel handle that I got at a surplus store for 25 cents and the plaque from an art craft store for 70 cents I used a dowel insert for the plaque and the bottle didn't require a thread insert as it was a perfect fit to just screw on.

That looks nice, what does the inside look like?

I'm assuming you mean the barrel?
insidebarrel.jpg

I had to run down stair to take a picture, it's not done, but the shelf removes and I put in insulation for the keg plus a keg cover. A 2.5 gallon can fit on the shelf fine if you just want a little one. Smells like whiskey though (which I think is a good thing)

the brackets on the door will be painted black so it's not as noticeable

Creativity never ceases to amaze me. Some guys would walk through Walmart and just see a way to store his nasty brush used to clean the throne. But the home brewer figures a way to drink beer out of it.

Nice Build

It all winds up there in the end :)

That is a great build and a fantastic use of resources! I love the chisel handles, I can see that in my kegerators future very soon. Thanks for posting.

Very cool. Looks like a real nice portable keezer for cheap. That's the way to do it

Latest posts

Back