A must try for removing labels!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTL

Reaction score
Piranha wallpaper and paste remover concentrate (makes five gallons). I soaked my bottles for one hour and could remove most labels with one pull, intact! No scrubbing glue off just pull it and be done. I run them through the dishwasher after to get any remaining solution off. It's awesome I keep a bottle in my garage at all times now.

hmmm... gonna have to check that out! thanks for the tip!

I forgot to mention I found it at Lowes for $5.

And soak in Oxiclean works wonders, too.

Oxyclean + Hot Water is practically unbeatable when it comes to removing labels. I was left with a trashcan full of hot water and labels after merely pulling the bottles out of the soak. I barely even had to scrub them!

zegolf said:
oxyclean + hot water is practically unbeatable when it comes to removing labels. I was left with a trashcan full of hot water and labels after merely pulling the bottles out of the soak. I barely even had to scrub them!

+1

Instead of oxyclean, I just use one of the ingredients that is in oxyclean -sodium percarbonate (SP). Some say that SP is the active ingredient in oxyclean and the rest is "filler."

I doubt this is new news to the forum, but SP also removes labels without a problem and it might be less expensive.

Instead of oxyclean, I just use one of the ingredients that is in oxyclean -sodium percarbonate (SP). Some say that SP is the active ingredient in oxyclean and the rest is "filler."

I doubt this is new news to the forum, but SP also removes labels without a problem and it might be less expensive.

Where would one buy this?

zegolf, I always buy at the chemistry store: http://www.chemistrystore.com/searc...ate&Click+to+Search.x=29&Click+to+Search.y=12

I'm not sure if that is the cheapest place - but i've been buying from them for a few years now. Shipping is a bit much, but I buy about 10 pounds at a time (five 2 lb containers) to offset the costs (that lasts me 1.5 yrs or so, well before I started brewing).

That's pretty interesting. I guess if it works for you, it's a great deal! That'll be something to remember!

Back