CO2 4-way Distributor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If price is an issue, you can get away with using three plastic barbed "T" fittings.

I did that as a temporary measure and am still using it two years later.

;)

Buy one because (almost) all of the ones meant for use as a CO2 distribution manifold have checkvalves built into the attached ball valve shutoffs for each output line. I figured out the hard way that checkvalves are really necessary unless you want to spend a lot of time cleaning and drying out your gas lines. Beer will flow back from a full corny into the gas line if the corny is at a higher pressure than the gas line and fitting itself, especially when the regulator has been taken off the tank because the pressure in the lines is gone. The tinyest amount of beer in the gas lines leads to gunk and mold in them.

Anything you make from hardware store parts won't have checkvalves.

Not sure if you expect to have to expand at any point, but I recently ordered (though haven't received yet) the modular manifold from Morebeer.com, because under their clearance section the expansions for it are half off. I just got the smallest (2) manifold and 2 expansions. It comes out about the same, but in the event I decide to grow down the road it'll be easy to add on I figure.

Back