What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still cheaper than the bottle I randomly opened on a Thursday morning :)

You're slightly obsessed with that Sam Adam's, huh?

Okay baller. :confused:

How do you figure I am obsessed with Sam Adams? Point me in the direction where you could have come to that conclusion. I'll start...there is a lack of beers that I drink of their's and move onto a lack of beers I have of theirs. If you paid attention though, which I kind of think you don't, you'd know I brewed a gallon batch for a friend and needed the beer to compare ergo, my ISO. Hardly call that obsessed. I guess if that is obsessed then you're pretty obsessed with making sure people know that you're drinking in the morning because you work third shift. ;)

Not saying I don't like SA but I can name 25 beers I'd rather drink. Brewing a clone has indeed made me focus on one of their now discontinued beers but even so, who cares if I do like SA? We can't all drink $30+ bottles of beers in the morning for show. :tank:

Drinking HB SA Imperial White clone with SA Imperial White & a sample of a 2 month old supposed stout that I cannot decide if I should dump or keep. I have 9.5 gallons of it. I think I nearly nailed the SA attempt. No real recipe online so this is all me. :D

IMG_7035.jpg

Okay baller. :confused:

How do you figure I am obsessed with Sam Adams? Point me in the direction where you could have come to that conclusion. I'll start...there is a lack of beers that I drink of their's and move onto a lack of beers I have of theirs. If you paid attention though, which I kind of think you don't, you'd know I brewed a gallon batch for a friend and needed the beer to compare ergo, my ISO. Hardly call that obsessed. I guess if that is obsessed then you're pretty obsessed with making sure people know that you're drinking in the morning because you work third shift. ;)

Not saying I don't like SA but I can name 25 beers I'd rather drink. Brewing a clone has indeed made me focus on one of their now discontinued beers but even so, who cares if I do like SA? We can't all drink $30+ bottles of beers in the morning for show. :tank:

I said -THAT- Sam Adam's. Meaning imperial white. I think you need a hot shower??

I said -THAT- Sam Adam's. Meaning imperial white. I think you need a hot shower??

I'm good on my end. It was just a weird statement to make. I'm okay with being obessed with a brewery that has turned into a bit of an icon. But if you ever brew an actual clone, being interested in nailing it may make more sense. I brewed it for a friend and truth be told, if he is pleased then it will certainly please me.

And I do pay attention, which is why I noticed several posts about the white. Hence my comment.

Several is about 5 if you include my ISO. But tell you what, you're awesome and a winner...that should settle this, right?

Drinking water. I don't think 1.5 10% beers on an empty stomach was a good idea. :ban:

Several is about 5 if you include my ISO. But tell you what, you're awesome and a winner...that should settle this, right?

Drinking water. I don't think 1.5 10% beers on an empty stomach was a good idea. :ban:

I'm not trying to win :confused: I think I'm somehow in a fight I had no idea I entered. I'm not trying to be confrontational. sorry if you're taking things that way:ban:

I thought it was way over my head when I first downloaded that spreadsheet, and it takes me a while to remember how to use it each time, but it's not as bad as it initially looks.

I start with RO water and set Bru'n Water to 100% dilution. As I said before, I just take the spreadsheet's word for the fact that my grain bill and my water additions are hitting the pH that the spreadsheet tells me. I am interested to see how close I really get.

Do you keep some baking soda and some sort of calcium chloride right by your mash so you can adjust the pH on the fly?

I use calcium chloride and gypsum usually. You can use baking soda, but too much and you will start detecting the salt in your beer.

Slapping this beer while I play Tetris on the 8-bit during my last meeting of the week.

Are you trying to start a fight with me too? ;)

ha-ha jerk face. :p

I'm about to go try and fill a growler from my keg and have a glass of HB blonde ale. Sorry it's not SA. :D

Lol maybe, will you accuse me of balling? ;)

Go drink your drink. You know your comment was that of a supposed baller.

"I randomly opened a bottle more expensive than that." [sic]

I hope you guys don't piss-off women in your spare time. Especially in Vegas. It won't get you anywhere there. :D

ha-ha jerk face. :p

I'm about to go try and fill a growler from my keg and have a glass of HB blonde ale. Sorry it's not SA. :D

Go drink your drink. You know your comment was that of a supposed baller.

"I randomly opened a bottle more expensive than that." [sic]

lol take it however you want. I think you're far too serious. I'm far from a baller. And I was just saying, I didn't even buy that bottle :)

This is only my 2nd time having a Founder's beer. I like.

bs2.jpg

I love having meeting from the cellar/basement. Beers are cool enough to drink and they are 40 feet away from the couch. I just got another meeting request that will run me through 5:30. FML. At least there's beer here. Time to get scorched.

Back