Moving to the Kennesaw Area, any recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdubdvdt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I will be relocating to somewhere in the Kennesaw area this summer. I was thinking about the Woodstock area, but have heard mixed reviews on the area.

I am looking for an area to call home

• I am not a big city person, so I'd rather avoid most of Atlanta traffic if possible.
  • Maximum 30 minute commute to Kennesaw.
  • I enjoy the outdoors so I would like to be close to Blankets Creek to bike.
  • I love a variety of food and if it is in walking distance, even better (stumbling distance for bars too)

I am looking into Woodstock / Canton, but want to make sure I am not missing any other areas. There's a homebrew shop in Marietta which wouldn't be too bad to grab ingredients after work on a Friday, or early on a Saturday.

Cheers

Woodstock, Acworth, large parts of Marietta, Kennesaw are all good. Schoolhouse brewing and 2 others around here that I know of.

Traffic around town is always something to consider... the closer to you workplace the better in my opinion..

Yeah in Atlanta it can take an hour to go 5 miles. +1 on Schoolhouse Beer

Yeah in Atlanta it can take an hour to go 5 miles. +1 on Schoolhouse Beer
Traffic around town is always something to consider... the closer to you workplace the better in my opinion..

What I am looking at currently is an apartment in Woodstock's downtown area. If I hop on 575 at exit 8, I would be getting off at exit 3 for work. Is this ideal?

Woodstock, Acworth, large parts of Marietta, Kennesaw are all good. Schoolhouse brewing and 2 others around here that I know of.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to look at an apartment during the holidays and hopefully Woodstock sticks. I will only be doing a year lease and then purchasing.

There is also a growler and brew supply store close to Woodstock Dogwood Growler a club member of ours Woodstock Malt Monkeys need to come and join the fun

Exit 8 to exit 3 is some of the worst traffic, both directions. U would be better off looking around exit 1 or 3. You would be right there. No apartments in "downtown" Woodstock that I know of. Maybe Town Lake area, also exit 8 if that is where u want to be.

Exit 8 to exit 3 is some of the worst traffic, both directions. U would be better off looking around exit 1 or 3. You would be right there. No apartments in "downtown" Woodstock that I know of. Maybe Town Lake area, also exit 8 if that is where u want to be.

There is one apartment complex downtown, a few condos for rent, and a few other apartment complexes within a short distance.

Using Google maps and setting the time to 7:30am all the way to 9am, it says the commute time is 15 minutes, where as normally it is 10 minutes. Is Google wrong? I'd rather live up 575 than closer to Kennesaw. I will be headed up to the Woodstock area at 4-5pm everyday regardless.

edit: I monitored the traffic from about 3:50 until 6:15, the drive from my work location in Kennesaw to Woodstock never exceeded 25 minutes between 3 different routes, including 575 (max of 22min). Google Maps is usually accurate from what I have noticed. Am I missing something?

25 minutes for 5 miles is serious traffic. Welcome to Atlanta, also t is now official, we also have the worst, most dangerous interstate in the country too. I285.

25 minutes for 5 miles is serious traffic. Welcome to Atlanta, also t is now official, we also have the worst, most dangerous interstate in the country too. I285.

Okay, well I'm glad that is considered serious traffic. Seems like I will be fine in Woodstock.

I ended up deciding on Marietta. Looking to hear back on a lease this week! I hope to meet many of you in the area (by meet, I mean drink your beer).

Marietta covers a lot here because large parts of unincorporated Cobb County have Marietta addresses. Do you know the zip code? This reddit page can be good for beer folks, but it is somewhat concentrated on intown Atlanta folks. https://www.reddit.com/r/ATLBeer

Welcome to town and maybe tilt one back soon,

Marietta covers a lot here because large parts of unincorporated Cobb County have Marietta addresses. Do you know the zip code? This reddit page can be good for beer folks, but it is somewhat concentrated on intown Atlanta folks. https://www.reddit.com/r/ATLBeer

Welcome to town and maybe tilt one back soon,

The house I applied for is 30008, but it is more like 30060. It is 1.8 miles from the Marietta square and just west of Dobbins in a gated community. I would like to be in 30064 close to the brew shop/ Msquare.

Thanks for the welcome. After I get brewing in Marietta I will invite some people over for a housewarming/local brewer get together.

At least it looks like you'll be travelling against most of the traffic to get to and from J3 off 575

Dogwood Growlers or the store near towncenter mall (can't remember name of it) might be your best bet for Friday lunchtime pickup of supplies

Back