So where are all of these cheap spa panels in Canada?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annoyingrob

Reaction score
I hear everyone talking about walking down to Home Depot, and picking spa panels up for like 60 bucks down in the states. Well, up here in Canada, all of the big box stores sell them for several hundred. $250 is a pretty average price for a 50A panel. Is there some secret source of reasonably priced spa panels up north? The cheapest I've found is to just buy them off ebay for about $150 shipped.

I hear everyone talking about walking down to Home Depot, and picking spa panels up for like 60 bucks down in the states. Well, up here in Canada, all of the big box stores sell them for several hundred. $250 is a pretty average price for a 50A panel. Is there some secret source of reasonably priced spa panels up north? The cheapest I've found is to just buy them off ebay for about $150 shipped.

I'm in Halifax and I ended up just going with a 30A GCFI breaker from Harris-Roome. The breaker cost me $175 and the cheapest spa panel I could find was $180. There were several places that I found cheaper ones south of the border, but when you factored in shipping and duty it always came out more expensive. I just sucked it up and decided that going electric ain't cheap.

Garyr2973 said:
Sounds like you need some of your southern friends to send you one

Now that you mention it, I have a friend coming up next month. I should get him to bring one up.

I just looked, and 50a panels are $55 down in Phoenix. My friend is buying one this week to bring up to me.

Hopefully I can get my e-keggle put together and get some brewing going on in the winter!

They are up to $65 for a 50 amp here in MN now...I bought one last year for $50 at Home Depot. Must be onto us...

I've looked in HD on both sides of the boarder. It's basically the same inventory item, except one is certified in CA and the other US. The price difference sucks. $250 for a $60 item. Blah. I got a xerox gfci cord from hoffman electric for about $35 shipped (to a US address).

Just picked up a 50A "Spa Disconnect Panel" or "Panel De Desconexion Del Spa" at Home Depot in the Seattle area, the brand name is "midwest" and they use a duck for their logo. The SKU is 84567 20655 on the box, and I would think this is the same anywhere. I will post a few pictures on my blog, see link below, tomorrow or the next day.

Cheers

Back