I finally did it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bytor1100

Reaction score
I have been working on putting together a free part search website for motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, and personal watercraft. There are other sites out there but they charge dealers monthly subscriptions. I use this site to help me practice coding, while at the same time providing a useful service. I hope enough traffic can be generated to make it useful for everyone.
I thought I would share it since I'm just excited to get it up an going finally. The link is:
http://www.motopartsearch.com

2 things:

It would be really handy if when you selected a brand and a year, the model list only contained models pertinent to that year, as in 1977 TXL 340, the list of models to pick from includes dozens and dozens that were not produced in that year.

When I am online looking for stuff like this, I HATE to have to give out my name and email address, especially when I haven't even found out if they have what I am looking for. Let me see what you have, and if it's what I want, I will contact you...

Other than that, it looks great!

It would be really handy if when you selected a brand and a year, the model list only contained models pertinent to that year, as in 1977 TXL 340, the list of models to pick from includes dozens and dozens that were not produced in that year.
yeah, I know about the modeal year thing. It's just hard to find all the information for all the different makes with the models for each year. If I can come accross a good resource I would change it too.

When I am online looking for stuff like this, I HATE to have to give out my name and email address, especially when I haven't even found out if they have what I am looking for. Let me see what you have, and if it's what I want, I will contact you...
Since there will be mutiple dealers, where they maintain their inventory, it's kind of the only workable option.

Thanks for the input, I will be continually trying to improve the site the best that I can. Right now it's pretty bare bones, but a workable model. Now I just need to refine it and add the frills.

Back