How are you saying "Hello" to the New Year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ize

Reaction score
Well mine WAS going to be poker at my BIL's house with a few friends, plenty o' beverages and SWMBO and her Sis keeping the kids busy til crash time, but unfortunately that's cancelled. (long convoluted tale, and it pi$$es me off so we'll just leave it at that) So instead I'll be home, consuming the beers chillHayze sent me, (Thanks again Santa :rockin: ) and watching some stupidity on the tube.

Hell, I might even sort bottles that night.

Who has what going? I mean it IS Amateur Night. (so be careful) I for one gave up going out on New Year's Eve years ago, but someone has to be doing something...

Ize

going up to Santa Barbara, CA for a house party with a few close friends, a few friends of friends, some people i dont know, and a girl who i dig and i can tell digs me. i'm excited.

I'm torn. My choices are to stay home and go to bed at the usual time OR go to a party and watch a bunch of fat old people eat too much & play cards.

We'll be staying home as well. I'll probably be alseep by 10 :D Hopefully though I'll be good and drunk after celebrating the JETS win and return to the playoffs:rockin:

Sending the boy to Grandma's house. Me and the Mrs. are joining up with some friends for an evening at a new comedy club in the area. For $100 each, it's open premium bar starting at 7:30 and a prime rib/turkey/chicken buffet, then a comedian comes on at 10:00, then it's free flowing champagne after midnight. The place is about 5 minutes from my house so it's an easy cab ride home.

playing hold'em hopefully winning for a change and sharing the 10 gallons of homebrew i made for a friend. should be a fun new year. :fro:

Sending the little one to Grandma and Grandpa's and having our annual New Years party at our house for our friends.
Should have the kegerator set up for it this year :rockin:

Getting comfy on the couch with my girlfriend, watching the Bears/Packers game, having some homebrew and Lou Malnati's pizza!

Going over to some friends on New Years Eve. I'm in charge of bringing the beer. News Years Day is the same for me every year, pour myself a Scotch and watch Casablanca.

Working and then on call until 8am Newyears day. I have explained that Scots on New Year will not be of no use to anybody but it seemed to fall on deaf (and very silly IMO) ears. On call all this week apart from tonight so I am going to fire into it tonight instead. There is a food and drink festival 5 min walk from where I work and I have already had beer (Moo Beer from a local brewery which was very nice) and a curry for lunch. Roll on 4pm when I go back and then TAXI!!!!!

We plan on drinking until we pass out at 9:30 PM and sleep until the late, late hour of 8:00 AM the next day. We both get New Years day off, and what a waste that day is for us :D

eviltwinofjoni said:
We plan on drinking until we pass out at 9:30 PM and sleep until the late, late hour of 8:00 AM the next day. We both get New Years day off, and what a waste that day is for us :D

9:30pm ! We start at 5pm, drink until the early hours, wake up, get the BBQ / Spit roast going around 7am and start again. This is not for the fainthearted and pacing drinks is a must!:tank::tank::tank:

Probably be watching the first season of Rescue me or Band of Brothers whle drinking some brandy . . . that or hanging in the basement sinking the British fleet in Silent Hunter III.

Depends on the wife

Hanging out with my wife, my brother who is in from L.A. CA, and my mom, who will probably be crying because we (Me, my wife, and my 5 year old daughter) are moving east.

My wife and I and our daughter always head to my parents for some Fondue fun, and we all end up getting tanked after the kids go to bed. This year, as it is my first year of home brewing, i am going to take my keg setup over there and drink the hell out of that.

and if im lucky like our osu friend :mug:

Between mine and my wifes friends, family, and work, I've gone to 15 different dinners, mixers, and parties since Halloween. I'm partied out.

So it will be a couple hazelnut stouts in front of the fire after my wife gets off work.

We're having a couple other families over for Thai food and heavy imbibing. Unfortunately, I killed my last keg on Thursday night. Ugh! The good news is I have a batch in the primary and will most likely be brewing tomorrow and pitching on the yeast cake when I transfer my primary batch to secondary. Should be a good time!

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable evening tomorrow night!:tank: :tank:

osu#1 said:
Wifey says Edmund Fitzgeralds and anal. I am not going to argue!:D

Nice! I just hope you're not on the receiving end.

I was SUPPOSED to do a comedy club / dinner thing with a couple of neighbors at the Roundhouse (Walter Payton's place - I think his family still owns it), but they canceled it due to the change in time in the Bears / Packers game.

Now, we're having dinner and coming back. I'm kinda bummed because we all managed to get sitters and now we're not doing all that much. I would have rather just stayed home and done a progressive with everyone and their kids.

OK osu, you've now raised the bar for your 1000th post. Can't wait to see what that is.

We always have a revolving house party (the party, not the house, at least not until later in the evening:D ) This year, I'm doing the beer!! We'll be starting early to watch some football and enjoy my upgraded home theater. I sure am getting hungry seeing all these posts about Thai and Indian food. I hate living in the sticks.

BTW, osu meet Cheesefood, Cheesefood, osu...;)

osu#1 said:

Mine said the same, minus the beer and anal. She's nursing an injured wrist and the back door love is disrespectful to her.

Cheesefood said:
Mine said the same, minus the beer and anal. She's nursing an injured wrist and the back door love is disrespectful to her.

My SWMBO is off limits for three more weeks to due the birth giving, she has never been open to anal and the constant reminders that oral is NOT off limits don't go over too well. I'll be staying home with the new baby and fixing my self inflicted kegerator problems.

Cheers and a Safe and Happy Holiday to all. :mug:

osu#1 said:
I always wondered what the damned lyrics to that Gordon Lightfoot song were. I guess he's singing "In the rectum at Edmund Fitzgerald's".

Edmund Fitzgerald is a porter made by Great Lakes Brewery of Cleveland, Ohio. It has won many golds and others at GABF, World Beer Championships, etc. Wifey says I am more alert and can stay awake all evening drinking these, and it is usually the case. Otherwise I prefer Belgians.

Sorry to hear about those of you whose wives don't like, refuse, or are offended by anal. Mine demands it. I never ask, it just appears out of the blue like an old friend calling you up unexpectedly. Like I said when it happens I don't argue.

Had a good time, drank about 14 beers and even at my age 42 still managed wood despite the alcohol. Beer and booty what a combo.:mug:

My wife and I went to my brother's apt for a party. We did not think we would stay all night you know, but a few girls showed up already drunk and started downing Jello shots. They were a bit on the obnoisous side and the wife just does not fare well with that sort of company so we ended up leaving around 11ish.

Back