(dumb) SSR question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftlstrings

Reaction score
I'm piecing together an all electric PID driven brew system and I have a question regarding AC and DC SSRs. I ordered an AC ssr and heat sink and received a DC ssr.

So what I'm wondering is, can an ssr rated for DC be used in an AC system? The brain part of me says "No, jackass!" but the miserly, pennypinching, lazy part of me says "post this on HBT to see if you really need to send the thing back"

Thanks!

Mike.

Is it in fact dc-dc SSR?

You should have DC on one side for the pid and AC on the other side for the Load. Do you have a picture of it?

That is the one you want. DC input from the PID and Load side AC. I would say you have the one you need. If you can take a picture of the one you received. But I am sure that is the correct SSR.

I'm with brewmoor. I find it hard to believe that you would have a DC SSR rated to 480V. Also, my SSRs say the same thing on the PID side. I think you are good to go.

Brewmoor is right, that would be the SSR you need. You are also correct to look carefully there is 480VDC in alot of battery and solar applications so there are devices with ratings of 480 VDC usually they are inverters and such though.

Back