Is that it? Is it ready to drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

direwolf23

Reaction score
Ok, I have racked and cold crashed two of my three batches... one still has a too hight SG. The other two I racked off and cold crashed at 1.010 and 1.012 three days ago. They are sitting in my refrigerator... I know that some suggest ageing, but I am dieing to try it... drink up?

Thanks!

No, it's not ready to drink, but go ahead and drink some anyway. When you get to the end of the batch, you'll regret not waiting, but most of us have been through the experience.

cold crashing at 1.010 and 1.012 means that you certainly can drink it a lot sooner than later. i had a bottle of my first cider the other day, which had a FG of 1.010. It was over 1 year old. i honestly didnt think it had gotten any better in the last 9 or so months. Recently I made a small batch of s-04 fresh cider. rack and cold crashed at 1.010, after about 3 weeks. rack and chill for another week. It was awesome! tart but balanced; clear; delicious.

there will be plenty of people on here telling you to wait 8 months, or a year etc. and that is fine advice if your FG was 1.000 (or lower). but if its clear and stable at 1.010, its probably good to go.

sample it. how does it taste?

Latest posts

Back