TOOL fans...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds a lot like most of Lateralus (sp?). Not that it doesn't rock a little, but it's too drawn out and boring, IMO. They're an incredible band, but to me their sound and style has become very dry.

Oh damn... I was thinking you had discovered some new tool we could pick up at Home Depot. TOOL who?? lol

Really good song. Mix between Laterulus and Aenima. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

I was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to put out another album. I don't suppose they'll come anywhere near Lincoln.

Not that I get to go to concerts anymore, anyway.

I'm looking forward to it as well. A friend of mine suggested that where each album was a new experiment, Tool may've fallen into a safe zone in this follow-up to Lat. Not that Lateralus was bad at all...We'll see in two weeks.

Maybe we need to start a new thread - "Favorite Tool Album" :rockin:

And make a rule that every post has to have this guy --> :rockin:

alemonkey said:
Maybe we need to start a new thread - "Favorite Tool Album" :rockin:

And make a rule that every post has to have this guy --> :rockin:

Ænima is my fave. :rockin: Then Opiate, then Lat, then Undertow.

I've istened to the new one 2 times todday, it is an APC clone album with maybe 3 good songs. Mighty disappointed.

Definitely Ænima. Eulogy has the most f**ked up drum part in the middle of it. I played a little in college, and that song blew my mind.

alemonkey said:
Definitely Ænima. Eulogy has the most f**ked up drum part in the middle of it. I played a little in college, and that song blew my mind.

Unreal. You ****ed up your own rule. :p

:rockin:

BTW...I think Ænima was 10 years ahead of its time, and is one of the rare CDs I consider a "masterpiece".

So did anyone actually buy it?

I definitely had the right leak, but the actual album is much better production. The whole thing is really growing on me. It has a stinker or two but the good songs are REALLY good.

I love The Pot, Intension and Right In Two. :rockin:

The packaging alone is worth the cash.

I'm still listening to it, trying to "get it." This is common with their albums. So far the only part I really don't like is the intro to track 5. Such hokey lyrics, reminds me of NIN.

What are your thoughts on this LP?

For an LP I expected more. I liked 2 and 5 a lot.

I've heard bits off of Dude's disk, so I'm not an authority on this disk, but to me their new stuff rambles too much. There's some incredible musicianship and songwriting at play, but now it's all mid-tempo wanking.

I like my rock straight and to the point. I like "thinking man's" rock, too, but not if it's friggin' boring.

Back