Co2 regulator help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisharvey

Reaction score
I'm curious...does it matter where the double out and psi gauge go on this? I'd like to move the gauge opposite the connection to the co2 as this will be used on a paint ball 20 oz can...thoughts?

image-1647507115.jpg

Most regulators have a high pressure port opposite of the high pressure IN port, for a high pressure guage or adding additional regulators.

+1. Depending on the configuration, you "might" get away with switching sides of output and regulated gauge (usually the volume for gauge side is going to be too low however). Putting the output on any other port is asking for trouble (high pressure) unless the gauge was specifically made for multiple outs.

Could be wrong, but those shut-off valves do not look like they have check valves built in. If not, that's something you will want to look onto.

That split came from beverage factory and I haven't messed with it since so I assume they are ok. ...

Next question. Can I switch the split shut off valve with the 60 psi regulator endemically flipping it? I might dedicate this one to a 2.5 lb tank instead of paintball

you "might" get away with switching sides of output and regulated gauge (usually the volume for gauge side is going to be too low however).

Next question. Can I switch the split shut off valve with the 60 psi regulator endemically flipping it? I might dedicate this one to a 2.5 lb tank instead of paintball

In most cases no, but some you can. It will "work" on most, but the volume may be reduced significantly to a point it may not suite the need. If there is a brand stamped on your valve, try to get a hold of the manufacturer. Why are you needing it flipped? If you just need to gauge facing the opposite way, simply unscrew it reapply thread tape and put it back on facing the direction you need.

It's totally cosmetic but as you'll see the gauge belongs on the left of the tank...turned over its upside down. On the back it says lo and lo and then the other two say hi and hi and left hand for the way it screws in.

image-3384021784.jpg

image-2498703780.jpg

So, you did change out the valves?

The fittings / gauges on the "HI" and "LO" can be swapped to the opposite sides.

Both low's are controlled by the regulator. The Hi's are pass thru.

Back