Building a stainless thermocouple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam01

Reaction score
Well I want a long thermocouple probe. I got the 12" stainless probe ends from brewershardware. Anyone else that has done this - do you recommend some thermal
paste in the end with the thermocouple, or just empty with the thermocouple pushed
to the end ?

I'm thinking of using JBweld to fill in the top end to seal it off from the elements.

Thanks.

Well I want a long thermocouple probe. I got the 12" stainless probe ends from brewershardware. Anyone else that has done this - do you recommend some thermal
paste in the end with the thermocouple, or just empty with the thermocouple pushed
to the end ?

I'm thinking of using JBweld to fill in the top end to seal it off from the elements.

Thanks.

Not sure how you'd get thermal paste all the way into the end of the 12" probe. I'd fill it with mineral oil. Then JB weld or gorilla glue to cap it.

I was thinking of putting a bit of thermal grease on the end of the thermocouple - not
a bunch, but a little.

Thermal grease has better conductivity than mineral oil. And it sticks to the probe end.

Since I have two, maybe I'll make one with and without and test...

Back