Green Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woosterhoot

Reaction score
No not for St. Patty's. I did a pale ale that I wanted to mimic Rogues Brutal Bitter. I used the late addition of extra light dme to keep my color light. I used pellet hops because my local brew supply had crystal hops only in pellet. I straineed my beer and it's so light that the only color is the hop sediment. It looks like baby crap. Will the green leave when the hops drop out in the primary and secondary. Anyone else have this experience?

Same here with my last beer. It started off tasting like green-colored grape fruit juice, but conditioned into a tasty beer with a nice rich gold color.

Same here with my last beer. It started off tasting like green-colored grape fruit juice, but conditioned into a tasty beer with a nice rich gold color.

Good to hear. Wasn't really too worried about it, just curious to see if it was a common accurance. Thanks for the feedback

Back