Fermenting Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goober

Reaction score
I'm trying to be the great brew master that I long to be, but I am having problems with my yeast. I tried to make one batch using liquid yeast and it was bubbling for a whole day in the primary, but suddenly quit after that. Not even a slow bubble. I went through the process of bottling the beer and although it was still OK for taste, it was my first success at a non-alcoholic beverage. The other night I thought I'd give it another shot so I made my starter. Two days later and it's still not bubbling.

I am doing all-grain. I've been careful to sanitize my equipment. The PH of the water is 7.2. It's hot here, but that should only speed up the process a bit, not kill it. Right?

Any suggestions?

Extract. Brew some extract beers and get the fermentation down, then bother with all grain. Brewing extract you are not selling yourself short. You can brew award winning beers with extract.
Get the fermentation and sanitation down, and then worry about mash temperatures and all that bs.

I agree. I'm crap at brewing. But at least with extract I'm able to make something drinkable.

Latest posts

Back