New Guy from Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggrizzly

Reaction score
I just stumbled across this forum looking for some answers to some basic questions. I'm getting back into home brewing after 24 years. I home brewed for a couple of years in college and then drifted off into the darkness of marriage and life. I have been wanting to get back into it for many years and it wasn't until a few weeks ago while touring the Flying Dog brewery in Frederick, MD that I decided I was going to make the plunge again.

I started digging up some of my old equipment but it was pretty much useless and disintegrated from years of non-use. The only things I salvaged or found were some air locks, faucet bottle washer, nice mixing spoon and three dry rotted carboy plugs. So... I took a trip to a LHBS and bought the whole enchilada to get started. I've never actually used one of the ingredient kits as I was brewing from grains before but the guy at the shop talked me into the ease of entry these kits will provide and make it a bit easier to get back into the whole process.

I think I'll start my first batch next weekend.

Looking forward to gaining lots of knowledge from you experienced home brewers.

Back