Hoptober

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fathand

Reaction score
Here are some shots from my brew buddies and my latest brew day. We brewed at one of the guy's dad's place to help harvest some of his hops. My friend's dad claims to be the largest hop farmer in SE Michigan. I think he may be right.

The hops on the trellis are Cascade. Chinook have over taken the chimney and he has a hearty amount of Nugget out front not pictured.

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

man that pic of the pots threw the hops is a poster every beer room /man cave/garage should have in it

This is a beautiful pic right here...pretty classic actually. If I were you, I'd be picking out an effing frame by now:

34022d1316545778-hoptober-img_3135.jpg

fathand - sweeeeeet pix.

do you have ropes/chains/etc running alongside the chimney? or a trellis under all that? or are the bines somehow clinging directly to the brick?

That is actually my brewing partner's dad's house but I am pretty sure there are no chains or ropes on the chimney, they just climb up the brick.

I think they are 5 years old or so but not 100% sure. We brewed a DIPA and a Black IPA that day and we're picking hops and dropping them right into the brews and we didn't even dent his hop supply.

That is a beautiful sight. He has to have the best yard on the block!

Back