quick disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wncbrewer

Reaction score
Im up grading to a single tier system with a march pump, do I have to have polysulphone quick connects? Those things are bloody expensive, I know they'll get hot, but why cant I just use standard air compressor ones from lowes?

Just my 2 cents, I use QDs from McMaster-Carr (referenced all over the forums), and my setup for my march is a male disconnect on the inlet, connected using a 1/2" SS coupler, then the outlet is an SS ball valve and another male disconnect on the outlet of the valve. So, no, I don't use polysulphone QDs, however be VERY careful while connecting them because the SS parts will strip the threads easily, but beyond that if you are careful it works great.

Im up grading to a single tier system with a march pump, do I have to have polysulphone quick connects? Those things are bloody expensive, I know they'll get hot, but why cant I just use standard air compressor ones from lowes?

i think theres people on here that use them....

Back