Group grain buy Pittsburgh / Western PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new here, but a long time lurker. I'd be interested in getting in on a group buy, but I totally understand if you don't want someone new that you know nothing about getting in on the group buy.

However, I'm completely willing to confirm my identity via phone (or meeting in person...I live in Pittsbutgh's east end), I'm willing to pay via paypal or cash, and I'd be interested in 2-4 sacks. If there's any way I can get in on this group buy, please let me know. Thanks!

I'm new here, but a long time lurker. I'd be interested in getting in on a group buy, but I totally understand if you don't want someone new that you know nothing about getting in on the group buy.

However, I'm completely willing to confirm my identity via phone (or meeting in person...I live in Pittsbutgh's east end), I'm willing to pay via paypal or cash, and I'd be interested in 2-4 sacks. If there's any way I can get in on this group buy, please let me know. Thanks!

Jon is a really good member of another forum that I participate and a very active brewer!

Jon_TWR you can get in on the buy.. I'll be gone pretty much all day today plowing snow so if anyone writes me I will catch up with them tomorrow..

I'm 6 confirmed so far. The number will grow. I have some locals interested but haven't made a final choice yet. The second number is the running total. Software just doesn't like 'extra' spaces.

rawtto
cm-2row 1
bd-mopa 1 2
hermit
TF-MOPA 1 3
TF-GPRM 1 4
875-E-1 1 5
bigtoe
cm-2row 1 6

bugman-Did you get my PM? I added 2 GWPALE & 1 GWVIEN. I noticed GW is not on the spreadsheet-but are on the price list.

-d

bugman-Did you get my PM? I added 2 GWPALE & 1 GWVIEN. I noticed GW is not on the spreadsheet-but are on the price list.

-d

Sounds like he does some plowing work so yesterday would have been a busy day for him. He added something to the spreadsheet for me that wasn't originally listed. I wouldn't worry about it. He hasn't added my additions yet either.

-d

Sounds like he does some plowing work so yesterday would have been a busy day for him. He added something to the spreadsheet for me that wasn't originally listed. I wouldn't worry about it. He hasn't added my additions yet either.

Ok, cool. BTW how do you want to work the gas $ thing?-I really appreciate the extra effort.

-d

Ok, cool. BTW how do you want to work the gas $ thing?-I really appreciate the extra effort.

-d

Once I know the total bags I'll just divide up the $12 gas accordingly. I'll be surprised if I don't it 15 to 18 bags in the end. I've got some people that I'm waiting to confirm.

Once I know the total bags I'll just divide up the $12 gas accordingly. I'll be surprised if I don't it 15 to 18 bags in the end. I've got some people that I'm waiting to confirm.

That's cool. How will you get the money, should we tack it on to the money going to bugman? (I'll be using Paypal), or do you want it directly. Doesn't matter either way, I just want to be sure you get your due:mug:

-d

i was going to give Hermit his gas money cut when i pick up the bags i'm going to take to Akron, and get money back form you when you pick up from me. i don't think it's going to be too much..............

That's cool. How will you get the money, should we tack it on to the money going to bugman? (I'll be using Paypal), or do you want it directly. Doesn't matter either way, I just want to be sure you get your due:mug:

-d

No. Small amounts I'll just hold the grain as collateral until I get the buck, or less, per bag. :D Seriously, I was just going to collect as the grain got picked up. I'm not that worried about small amounts.

i was going to give Hermit his gas money cut when i pick up the bags i'm going to take to Akron, and get money back form you when you pick up from me. i don't think it's going to be too much..............

That'll work.

-d

Hey guys, I got the spread sheet updated. Please check it to make sure your order is right.

If you think we can get enough I have no problem getting a second, I still have a few local people that have to get back with me. I would like to get some hops too but they only sell them in 11 pounds.

OK. I have about 7 bags that people didn't get confirmed. I'm going to talk to one of the LBHS's in the area. He might be interested in some also. Filled up quick at the end so there may be more interest.

I get the impression from reading the pdf that the first pallet is flat rate because the truck has to make the stop. Does a second pallet have to be full to make it doable?

Sorry Hermit, I forgot about rb07. He had 2 bags but needed to get back with me on what brand he wanted so we are at 42 right now.

Sorry Hermit, I forgot about rb07. He had 2 bags but needed to get back with me on what brand he wanted so we are at 42 right now.

OK. That means I could probably round up another 9 bags with the folks that I know that haven't confirmed then. I'm still going to ask around for the next couple of days though.

I sent the 42 bag pallet order in tonight and will find out about adding bags to it tomorrow.

Ok I talked to them today and I am just waiting for the invoice. We can add to the order and don't have to have a 42 bag pallet, but I won't know the shipping cost until I send the new orders in.

If you're going to place an order for more than 42, I could use a bag of crystal. If not it doesn't matter.

I think logdrum's bags are in the wrong row on the spreadsheet. the total number of bags and amount look ok.....but there are no marks in his row.

Looks good to me.

The second spreadsheet is asking for an account login.

Back