BCS temp probe wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullywee

Reaction score
got the pre-assembled probes/cables from Derrin(BH), three wires in one cable how are they hooked to the BCS?

BCS temp probe is usually 2 wires only. Maybe he sent you the wrong probe or one of the wires is not connected. I have one of my BCS probes from Derrin and it is 2 wire only. Some of the probes you can buy from Auber are three wire but those won't work with BCS. It's all a bit confusing but you have RTD's, Thermocouples, Thermistors and who knows what else. BCS uses Thermistors.

I got the exact same cable from Derrin a while back. At first, I was pretty angry because I had waited SO long for this cable to arrive (apparently, Derrin was out of M8 connectors) and it was the wrong cable.

On a whim, I decided to hook up two of the three cables, blue and brown. It worked perfectly. I simply left the gray cable disconnected.

Although it took Derrin a long time to deliver the product, the craftsmanship was phenomenal.

Good luck!

Back