Wireless Thermometer on Woot!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM)

It can monitor temps from up to 100 ft away. Perfect for monitoring the temp of your keezer, freezer, or kegorator without having to run another wire through the wall.

These are meat thermometers. Before you go forking over your hard earned money just make sure that the thermometer can go low enough in temperature to suit you needs for a Kegerator, Keezer or Freezer. The remote meat thermometer I have, while not this brand, does not go below 50* F.

These are meat thermometers. Before you go forking over your hard earned money just make sure that the thermometer can go low enough in temperature to suit you needs for a Kegerator, Keezer or Freezer. The remote meat thermometer I have, while not this brand, does not go below 50* F.
Displayed food temperature range: -10°C to +210°C (+14°F to +410°F)
Displayed temperature resolution: 1°C (2°F)
The temperature range is fine, but the resolution would not be good for the mash. Should work for monitoring fermentor or kegerator temperatures.

I use the ET-72 model for all my brewing needs. It has worked great for me. From what I see it is the same guts in a prettier package. The remote unit is great for monitorig ferm temps (I used it to ensure my saison stayed nice and hot). It has been spot on when testing calibration. I use it for all my mashes without issue.

The only thing I see about this that I like better on mine is that the temp is displayed on the base unit also.

What does that mean, "displayed temperature resolution"?

That means it'll only display temperatures in 1 degree increments .. i.e. 74, 75, 76, etc. If the resolution was 0.1, it could display 74, 74.1, 74.2, etc..

The number in parenthesis next to it is the accuracy. Since it's +/- 2 degrees, that means it could say 74degress, but it could really be anywhere from 72 to 76.

Back