Paintball Tank and Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All paintball tanks are the same threads as far as I know.

Not to bust your balls but just in case anyone else is reading this and wants to do the same thing, you can buy an adapter to adapt a paintball tank to a standard regulator. A standard reg is like $40 and the adapter is like $15 I think. So $55 instead of $85 for the fancy reg.

You can pick those tanks up at Walmart these days. Any paintball shop will have those lying around. See if you have a website dedicated to local paintball. People have those laying around that they would be willing to practically give away.

I picked up one of those regs because I had a 20ozer sitting around. Works great in my Igloo Icecube.

Like PhlyanPan said, you do need the special ASA on/off valve adapter. You can use *ANY* ol' regulator with a paintball tank as long as you have the on/off adapter to depress the pin on the tank.

Here's what they look like:
SPONOFFVALVE.JPG

I use something very similar that I got from Keg Connection. I found a 24 oz. tank at WalMart the other day and when I went to get a fill it was the same price as the 20 oz tank. :)

Back