Good deals on stock pots and burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jar1087

Reaction score
So I'm just getting started with homebrewing and have been looking around trying to get the best deals on all of the equipment I need. I just ordered the 32 qt tamale pot (stock pot) linked below and it seems to be a great deal; it was $37 shipped and includes a lid. I thought that I would share, since the site also seems to have good prices on turkey cookers and other propane burners. Some of the listings on the site a bit messed up though and are linked to the wrong products.

32-Qt. Tamale Pot

Single Propane Burners

Hope that someone else can make use of these too and happy brewing.

The stainless steel burner must be a mistake. Priced at $10.01. Maybe be worth a shot ordering it and see if it goes through unnoticed.

It appears they have a problem. Whether it's a bad data/code in their software, or a data entry issue, I'm not sure. But...

Look at the item name, not just the description. That $10 burner actually appears to be "Round Aluminum (5)". Some 24-32qt stock pots look similarly fishy.

Look at Reseller Ratings dot com Store Ratings and Reviews by Real People - Trusted Online Shopping too. Their last (and only recent) review was not that good... I used this site when buying computer parts years ago. I'm glad to see it is still in existence.

Chasing a deal may be more problems than its worth. Sometimes your time is more valuable than saving some money.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Their stock pots and burners are all Bayou Classic. Some of their prices are better than Amazon, but Amazon ships for free on that stuff and I've heard of and used Amazon.

With most of the Bayou Classic stuff, you're better off at either Amazon or Bayou Classic Depot from what I've seen.

Back