beer trading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knifey_spoony

Reaction score
Is there a forum on this site for trading beer? I live in Pittsburgh and we don't get enough from the West Coast, like PTE. Of course, I'd return the favor and send something you would like, or I could just pay you. You could send a PayPal invoice to protect yourself if you're concerned about being scammed.

There are many places in pittsburgh to get some specility beers. Dee's six pack and dogs is one of my fav places to go. They can and will order some of the more hard to find beers

I have been to Dee's many times, and their selection is indeed great. I will have to ask if they will special order.

There should be a few local homebrew clubs/guilds in Pittsburg.

One of the first things we do each week in my club is trade a few beers. I come with a 12 pack of my homebrew and leave with 12 different beers to try.

That seems to be what you are trying to accomplish!

Well, I am a lawyer, and I can tell you there's nothing illegal about trading beer!

If it involves shipping across State Lines, that probably is not a correct blanket statement.

PTE cannot be had (legally) at retail in Pittsburgh. It can in Philly.

Depending on the laws in your State, you may be able to order beer online (you can in most states). For stuff that is available somewhere, like Pliny, this is the easiest way to go. Save trading for the truly rare stuff.

I agree that buying beer online and having it shipped to PA is a gray area. But I am fairly certain that, for example, buying it and sending it as a gift is not. Regardless, I agree that Pliny is not ultra-rare, but I can't find it around here, and I have tried several bottle-shops/distributors that have a pretty decent selection.

Back