Share your brewing nightmares

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcdowd

Reaction score
I'm not talking about horrible brew days, I'm talking about actual nightmares you have about brewing. Last night, I had one of many, many nightmares about brewing and I thought to myself other people must have them too right? Sorry if a similar thread exists, but I could not find one.

Mine are always weird, like insane things that would never happen in real life will happen in my dream. To me, it feels so real though. It's as if what happens in my dream is completely plausible and makes total sense.

Take last night's dream for example. I was brewing in my driveway (which I always do), and a dump truck showed up at my house and starting backing into my driveway, bumping my kettle and spilling my beer all over the place. I'm a little hazy on the details of what happened next, but somehow I was able to salvage the batch by adding an ounce of centennial hops and continuing the boil for another 20 minutes.

I've had other nightmares too but for the life of me I cannot remember them.

So, anyone else have weird brewing nightmares?

Not any brewing nightmares while I sleep but my number 1 brewing related nightmare (perhaps worry?) that I have, especially right before I tap a new keg for the first time on a new batch is one of nervous trepadation: "Oh god, will this be the perfect beer that I have been striving for?"

Most of the time, actually all of the time, the answer is no. Sometimes decent, sometimes good, sometimes downright awesome, but nothing have I brewed yet that has made me say "Damn, that's perfect".

Anyway, my fear/nightmare/worry is I will never brew, what is to me, a perfect beer.

About 3 Christmas Eves ago I was in the middle of firing up a boil on the stove and smacked a Wyeast pack and it sprayed everywhere on my counter top. Of course it was Xmas eve and I couldn't run to the LHBS so I did what any sensible person would do... I scraped all of the spilled yeast off my countertop into a Ziploc bag and pitched it after brewing. The beer turned out fantastic :D

I've since learned that you're supposed to smack a Wyeast pack about 24 hours before you brew so yes... I know that :p

Not any brewing nightmares while I sleep but my number 1 brewing related nightmare (perhaps worry?) that I have, especially right before I tap a new keg for the first time on a new batch is one of nervous trepadation: "Oh god, will this be the perfect beer that I have been striving for?"

Most of the time, actually all of the time, the answer is no. Sometimes decent, sometimes good, sometimes downright awesome, but nothing have I brewed yet that has made me say "Damn, that's perfect".

Anyway, my fear/nightmare/worry is I will never brew, what is to me, a perfect beer.

Haha I know that feeling. I will probably never brew the perfect beer

I still dream about cleaning this up...

DSCF3442.jpg

FWI: It was in the bathroom to use the faucet in the tub to fill up the carboy so I could clean out the trub after racking. So that was only trub and a gallon of water thankfully. I don't brew in the bathroom...

Not a nightmare really but had this dream last night. The president of my company at work was talking about beer. Then he goes "I can tell this was probably mashed high because of the residual sweetness". I just thought to myself, "say what? How did you know that, you don't even homebrew".

It was in the bathroom to use the faucet in the tub to fill up the carboy so I could clean out the trub after racking
a15

Omg. That sucks a lot

It eventually leaked underneath the radiator, behind the toilet and you can't see it but there is a gap between the tub and the sink which is really narrow and hard to clean if something like, oh I don't know, trub and glass get stuck back there.

It had happened and was done and a speedy cleaning wasn't really going to accomplish anything so I took a picture before getting started. Maybe as a way to warn people that wet carboys are slippery and will explode if dropped on the edge of a bath tub.

I had one last night. I had created this elaborately awesome Pipe Organ made into a keezer and was showing it off but could not remember how it works. Then one of the tap handles was too long and heavy and would not stay closed. And for some reason it was outside by a pool. I am confused. Though I really need to find a pipe organ to turn into a keezer. It was all majestic looking and shiny beautifully polished wood and chrome and brass and...

I was in a hurry the other night and put together my tap lines. I got the gas side all setup and clamped, then did the liquid side and realized I was one clamp short, so I just stuck the picnic tap in it and put them on the kegs. I pulled a glass from each to sample and then went to bed. In the morning I ran out of the house and didnt check on the one without clamps and spent the rest of the next day wondering if the picnic tap popped out and I would find a 5 gallon APA puddle in my garage. I worried all damn day about that. Got home and it was ok, I have since taken that one off.

I brew at my brother's house on a shared brew rig. I had a dream one night that I was running down the road with our entire brew rig trying to get to his house to brew. I got pulled over by the police about half way and had to dismantle the entire rig. I guess subconsciously that means that I want my own brew rig, right?

I still dream about cleaning this up...

that is a nice lookin' terlet! we have yellow one in our downstairs bathroom that must be 35 years old. I want to turn it into a planter.

on topic: not that I ever recall. but I do have zombie dreams a lot though. the zombies are regular people until the sun goes down, then they're zombies. when the sun comes up, they can't remember anything about being one.

I don't have dreams about brewing but I fall asleep to thoughts of brewing nearly every night. Wondering what kind of brew I can do for this winter, how many saisons can I have ready for summer, what kind of black beers can I brew. I think about how to launch a local homebrew event, make wort chillers, growing hops, ect.

I think it's a form of counting sheep for me.

I hope someone, somewhere has made a keezer out of a pipe organ. That would be, I believe the term is appropriate, epic.

I hope someone, somewhere has made a keezer out of a pipe organ. That would be, I believe the term is appropriate, epic.

After that dream and how epic it was, especially with the movable features like the key cover thing covering the drip tray... I think I just may have to make one. Maybe I will have to do it out of a smaller standup piano or the electric organ that I inherited once it dies its final death. Too bad it is not as shiny and purdy as my dream Organerator.

But it will be good practice for when you get the organator. A piano keezer would be like those old speak easy piano bars, pretty epic in itself.

And getting your arm chopped off with the glass shards. Yes that will haunt my dreams now, thank you haha.

Latest posts

Back