Bottle label removal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Oxiclean too but I don't let them sit too long. once I left them in there for a day or so & got a film on my bottles, I think from the labels/glue & that was a pain to get out. I also try to fill my cooler up to the neck of the bottle but not over the top to keep the dirty label water out of the insides of my bottles. after that I run mine thru the dishwasher without soap on the hottest cycle.

Just buy beer where they paint on the bottle instead of using glue to apply the label. A soak in a bucket of sanitizer will start to dissolve the paint. Then finish it off with a sponge and a rinse of tap water.

oxy clean or star san does the trick. i buy guiness extra stout in the short bottles. the labels come off after 5 minutes in hot water and they take up less room.

I'm a PBW guy. 2 tablespoons per gallon of hot water. After 30 minutes, the labels peel right off. Sometimes the glue needs a tiny scrub, but it's pretty easy.

I make up about 2 or 3 gallons and find that it holds enough power to clean a whole batch of bottles (48-50).

Back