What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC's Brett Rye IPA. Not much hop nose, but all kinds of rye and funk.
Nicely done.
View attachment 238757

Thanks! It going on provably 8 months to a year right. Now so the hops are fading but the brett has taken hold

Rye and funk. DC, what do you need that I might have?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

We can do a little trade for HB or just local goodies in a few weeks. Be on vaca next week.

Coffee... The other day the local overpriced yuppy store was selling coffee beans for $6.99 a pound no mater what the normal price was. I wondered what a Normal retail $26.99 a pound coffee would be like. It's not very good.

I'll text you next week to work out the deets.

Now drinking a beer I picked while I was touring Remmy's local breweries. It is presumably a brett braggot, but I don't get much of what I would call a mead character to it. There's a faint flavor of honey, but it's supposed to have a more noticeable mead character. I also get hardly any brett character, but that's more likely due to it's age; it's only been in the bottle for ~3 months. I have another bottle that I'll be aging for much longer to let the brett character develop. I think most of the problems (and by problems I just mean that I don't think it's a true braggot) stem from the fact they took what was originally supposed to be a brown ale and tried to turn it into a braggot instead of designing it as a braggot to begin with. Now, having said that, I'm still quite enjoying it and I can imagine it being just as good or better with more brett character.

I haven't had my bottle yet. I did, however, have that out of the tank at Black Hog months ago, before they opened and it tasted like a brown ale. They told me it was the braggot.

Someone just said they want a 2013 abyss, which was part of a trade, and a 2013 event horizon and 3 bombers of local shelf stuff for 2 bottles of BCBS. Seems outrageous, or am I the high one?

Insanely outrageous for regular BCBS. $4$ value would be about $12.50 for two BCBS.

Waiting for coffee to brew so drinking a little water.

I giggled at the passed out kid. Is she on the coffee table? Haha

That was my daughter's American Girl doll. They are scary lifelike in person, so I understand confusion from the pic.

On the coffee with Bailys- full day of transforming the house into a winter wonderland ahead. Gotta get in the spirit.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417289353.747629.jpg

Sample of house porter brewed biab instead of my usual batch sparge. Didn't have a hydrometer with me when brewing in Indy but am gonna say efficiency suffered. Flavor is there but it's a little thin. I think it will make a fine Holliday pounder once carbed. Now, to keg or bottle, that is the question.

Drinking a Global Warmer while watching Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Looks great on the 60 inch tv.

Warned swmbo that I may have many adult beverages after a weekend that was supposed to be full of eating, drinking and brewing has turned into double ear infection-fifths disease bonanza. Even the dog threw up everywhere before. Brutal.

Drinking a Global Warmer while watching Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Looks great on the 60 inch tv.

Warned swmbo that I may have many adult beverages after a weekend that was supposed to be full of eating, drinking and brewing has turned into double ear infection-fifths disease bonanza. Even the dog threw up everywhere before. Brutal.

Wow, you did well lad, ... :roll eyes: ...

Resin. Just ran to the store and got some enjoy by 12/26 and a 4 pack of BCBS. Limit was a 4 pack so may run with the kids to another store later to see if I can score some more.

Or have each of your kids go in and buy a 4-pack.

Or have each of your kids go in and buy a 4-pack.

If only I could have used them as straw buyers. Unfortunately, they'd have to use my credit card and are only 14&16 years underage.
I thought about asking some non- good beer drinking friends to get some for me though.

Back