What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nukebrewer said:
What do you have? I've got the pumpkin, a chocolate vanilla oaked bourbon imperial stout, an old ale, a barleywine and an El Dorado single hop IPA for homebrew. I can also get some commercial brews if you're interested. Ever tried Gandhi-bot or Flower Power?

No pressure. I'd be more than happy with just feedback. I'm planning on opening a brewery after I get out of the Navy so feedback is more valuable to me at this point.

Only one I've had out of those was the Old ale and its a good one! Set a trade up with this guy you won't regret it Hello. :D

nukebrewer said:
What do you have? I've got the pumpkin, a chocolate vanilla oaked bourbon imperial stout, an old ale, a barleywine and an El Dorado single hop IPA for homebrew. I can also get some commercial brews if you're interested. Ever tried Gandhi-bot or Flower Power? No pressure. I'd be more than happy with just feedback. I'm planning on opening a brewery after I get out of the Navy so feedback is more valuable to me at this point.
Home brews are still fermenting. I'm a new brewer. I've never had Gandhi but that would be rad.
I have a toasted coconut stout and Christmas ale fermenting and a pumpkin that is basically done. An amber but it's kinda boring.

Anything local to NC that you think is interesting?

Hello said:
I should have slept hours ago but fook it. Punkin. It's not as good as I remembered.

It's DFH. I'm surprised you ever remembered it as being good. :p

My Imperial IPA turned Into this delicious lacing.

image-1169166128.jpg

Attachments

• image-1698309555.jpg
    image-1698309555.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 62
Haha, yeah that pour from WF did look pretty bad. The one I had from Petrol was good though. No chocolate milk there.
So much new beer coming to town, so little money. ;)

All this beer yet is disappears. Like breakfast stout. Its like a ghost here. Its ready gone and its should be sitting kn the shelves. Talked tohubbled and hudson beer dude and it was gone instantly and even green bullet by green flash. I think these breweries are not sending enough beer here. Seems like they do not give a sh*t about houston

Home brews are still fermenting. I'm a new brewer. I've never had Gandhi but that would be rad.
I have a toasted coconut stout and Christmas ale fermenting and a pumpkin that is basically done. An amber but it's kinda boring.

Anything local to NC that you think is interesting?

I rolled through NC in July on my way back from a trip to FL and picked up some Starr Hill. Grabbed their IPA but wasn't able to grab anything else. Anything from there you'd recommend? I'd also be open to any other suggestions anyone may have. Thanks.

Having an Atwater Conniption Fit DIPA as my real night cap. Bye.

More rice wine.

image-363696262.jpg

Currently rockin out to this.
[ame]http://youtu.be/vPQgfaB3S1c[/ame]
Tell me you don't want that lead singer's leopard print outfit. :p

WesleyS said:
It's DFH. I'm surprised you ever remembered it as being good. :p
haha I'm older than you!
I think.
TNGabe said:
I remember DFH being good, but you were still in elementary school.
I drank in 6th grade.

But not really.
nukebrewer said:
I rolled through NC in July on my way back from a trip to FL and picked up some Starr Hill. Grabbed their IPA but wasn't able to grab anything else. Anything from there you'd recommend? I'd also be open to any other suggestions anyone may have. Thanks. Having an Atwater Conniption Fit DIPA as my real night cap. Bye.
you missed so much then.

Highly recommend Foothills Seeing Double IPA. I cab get a can of Oskar Blues Ten Fiddy. If you tell me what you prefer (porters, stouts, IPA) I can likely narrow down a local selection. And a pic of my cat and dog.

DisturbdChemist said:
All this beer yet is disappears. Like breakfast stout. Its like a ghost here. Its ready gone and its should be sitting kn the shelves. Talked tohubbled and hudson beer dude and it was gone instantly and even green bullet by green flash. I think these breweries are not sending enough beer here. Seems like they do not give a sh*t about houston

Once they see how crazy people in Houston are over beer, I'm sure we'll start seeing a good supply here.

DisturbdChemist said:
Nice weather? You think we're having... nice weather? I guess you didn't lose the only one that meant anything in your life. I guess you don't feel burned out by the human misery and despair perpetrated by the criminal vermin that infest every pore of this decaying city, forcing you to guzzle cheap wine and cheaper whiskey to dull the pain that shatters your heart, rips at your soul, and keeps your days forever gray. What flavor Icee you got today?

Nice weather? You think we're having... nice weather? I guess you didn't lose the only one that meant anything in your life. I guess you don't feel burned out by the human misery and despair perpetrated by the criminal vermin that infest every pore of this decaying city, forcing you to guzzle cheap wine and cheaper whiskey to dull the pain that shatters your heart, rips at your soul, and keeps your days forever gray. What flavor Icee you got today?

I don't remember everything on this movie. Haven't seen this in a while but it is an awesome movie

DisturbdChemist said:
I don't remember everything on this movie. Haven't seen this in a while but it is an awesome movie

I've watched it more times than I can remember. Definitely one of my favorites.

i hope this is not too off topic, but iv drank four small duvels and one pint of home brew, which im very proud of. its a "clone" of obsidian stout bumped up in ABV and has kona coffee and cocoa nibis added. Also im thinking of my Wasabi Double IPA that i need ready for Halloween and how it will turn out. Any thoughts on that would be great. I put 1oz of fresh grated wasabi root at flame out and 1oz soaked in overproof vodka that i will add at kegging.
THANKS
thestew

xthestewx said:
i hope this is not too off topic, but iv drank four small duvels and one pint of home brew, which im very proud of. its a "clone" of obsidian stout bumped up in ABV and has kona coffee and cocoa nibis added. Also im thinking of my Wasabi Double IPA that i need ready for Halloween and how it will turn out. Any thoughts on that would be great. I put 1oz of fresh grated wasabi root at flame out and 1oz soaked in overproof vodka that i will add at kegging.
THANKS
thestew

Wasabi? In a beer? A man after my own heart. ;)
I don't have any experience with adding wasabi to a beer, but I say, if you take a drink and your sinuses clear, you put enough in it. :D
I can't think of anything better to pair with a nice big plate of sushi.

Finishing off the bottle of my rice wine and still rocking out.
[ame]http://youtu.be/KQMBz6HvSoM[/ame]

Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale. My fiancees boss went down to Mississippi last week and brought me this "Tackle Box" all IPA variety pack. All great beers so far. This is by far the maltiest of the 4 but delicious

ForumRunner_20131019_025443.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale. My fiancees boss went down to Mississippi last week and brought me this "Tackle Box" all IPA variety pack. All great beers so far. This is by far the maltiest of the 4 but delicious

Fuzzymuffintop, you're still up! :D

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Hell yes man! My fiancees on vacay drinkin it up too, lets do this!!

I'm in Mofo!
Having some Peach Mango flavored Pee of the Skeeter. Flavored, of course, according to your koolaid flavoring technique.

image-3311518268.jpg

I have 64oz of this mixed up and I'm not afraid to use it. ;)

Can i join in on the "Lets Do This!" cuz im drinkin and drunkish.
Also WesleyS T/Y i am doing my best at making a great beer, with a Sg of 1.093! YES IPA with sorachi ace hops and wasabi
Thanks
thestew

I'm in Mofo!
Having some Peach Mango flavored Pee of the Skeeter. Flavored, of course, according to your koolaid flavoring technique.

I have 64oz of this mixed up and I'm not afraid to use it. ;)

Sounds delicious! Just cheked sg of latest hard tea. .990. At 10% another wild cider abd Fireball now

This wild fermented cider is effin delicious! Im gonna have to get some and just let it go and see how it comes out. (My fil did this one)

I got totally sucked into Moneyball last night. That was a pretty good fooking movie!! Then I fell asleep. So I never got around to posting this last night. This was pretty good. A little sweeter and not quite as much funk, or what have you, than I expected. Still enjoyed it though.

On the coff now.

Oh, and FIZZLE should be back sometime today I think. It's the end of his 3 day suspension I believe.

2013-10-18 20.35.40.jpg

Back