What's your brewery name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double Vision Brewing Co.

Where does the name come from? Well to make a long story short I'm a biker. When I started brewing I was talking to a buddy on the phone and was looking for inspiration to name the brewery. Wanting it to be biking related he suggested I go and look at my bikes. One of my bikes happens to be a tandem made by the deceased Vision company (ATP) which they called the Double Vision. I've got some pretty sweet labels in the works and I'll get them posted as soon as I get them finished.

Hrmmm... what do you guys think about...

CRAPPIE BEER COMPANY

black_crappie1_imagelarge.jpg

femtoFermentory
What can I say, I'm a science nerd and always dealing with femtomoles this femtograms that so I thought something describing my brewery would be appropriate.

My SWMBO didn't like the idea of homebrewing. My first home brew kit was from her pops for x-mas. Just to Piss her off....

Since I really like doing it, and wanted to placate her, a set-up ensued, I copied a couple drunked photos of her, made a couple of label proto-types... (think bribery...)

The name kind of stuck... She was really messed-up in the photos....

Schlenkerla said:
My SWMBO didn't like the idea of homebrewing. My first home brew kit was from her pops for x-mas. Just to Piss her off....

Since I really like doing it, and wanted to placate her, a set-up ensued, I copied a couple drunked photos of her, made a couple of label proto-types... (think bribery...)

The name kind of stuck... She was really messed-up in the photos....

This post is worthless without pics.

I need to upgrade my membership so I can post photos...

The best is one of her eating pizza totally- faced!!

The other is her hoisting a bottle vertically... nearly falling over in the process...

Sorry... I can't share.

Maybe dude is right...

Schlenkerla said:

The other is her hoisting a bottle vertically... nearly falling over in the process...

Sorry... I can't share.

Maybe dude is right...

Just upload them to a free hoster like photobucket....

Schlenkerla said:

Sorry... I can't share.

Maybe dude is right...

Just come on over to the dark side, whadda ya say? :D

Ize

I can't do it, I might loose my brewery license!!!!

I wouldn't want that!!! SWMBO might be smashing all my stash on a the patio when I get home from work!!!!

:mad:

From the amount of broken noses, fights, and harassing phone calls, I've named my brewery Liquid Courage. Reason being is that I'm an introvert, and I never normally talk to ppl. Oh.. and I'm always the innocent one ;)

liquid-courage.gif

Dude said:
LMAO. Very witty. Is it literal though? :D (yes I do know the proper pronunciation of the fish, but does everybody?)

I love the Crappie Brewery. That's pretty funny. I like the picture, too.

We have a family joke around here in the summer, my husband frys up some crappies and we make sandwiches with the rest. My son loves it when we give him a crappie sandwich.
Lorena

I hope it's not literal. :eek:

I was going to start brewing this week, but I was having a hard time justifying all the cost of the equipment and all the time, what with the Christmas season around. So I actually decided to use my carboy for Ed's Apfelwein right now and that'll give me a few more weeks to get stuff done before trying my hand at brewing. But we shall see. I've come up with what I think will be a nice ESB recipe and I keep up my goal of trying at least 10 different beers a week, so I'm definitely expanding my palate and learning about ingredients and that can only help me down the road...

10 different beers a week isn't as much as it sounds like though, since I often go out for beer with my gf at least once a week and we typically order a couple of beers one-at-a-time, but with two straws... I think it's sexy to share a good microbrew with my gf. Last night, I was at Goose Island and had their stout, IPA, Sahti (IPA-like, but with juniper-berries), and a really malty concoction on cask that made me realize that I only like malty beers when they are dark... Night before that, I had a warsteiner dunkel and an HB.

But I'm liking the name The Crappie Brew Co.... at least for my first few batches. ;)

Here's my first attempt at a label after two years of brewing. I got my hands on Photoshop CS and decided to see what I could do. Anyway my brewery name is Coalcracker Brewworks... Coalcracker is a name for people from Pennsylvania's coal region, where I am from.

The coal region is a pretty interesting place... check out coalregion.com for some cool stuff, like a bunch of unique recipes and a dictionary for "coalspeak".

(I got the idea for the label from this old Miner's Prayer which was first published in newspapers in 1904.)

Ok.. underneath Crappie Beer Co. and the picture of the fish, what do you guys think about this as a tag line: If you ain't muslim, you ain't shiite!

Or maybe... "Brewers can plug your bung!"

or... "You're guaranteed some beast in every yatch"

Or...hrmmm....

Rule G Brewing company. I work for a railroad. Rule "G" is the standard rule on all railroads prohibiting the use of alcohol. Working on "passenger porter"

Rule G, eh? I like that.

That gives me another idea...

303 Brew

Any psychiatrists with a DSM-IV handy care to look that one up? :cross:

Adolescent Ale Brewing Cooperative

nothing like a bunch of 17 year olds making some good ole homebrew

musicman said:
Adolescent Ale Brewing Cooperative

nothing like a bunch of 17 year olds making some good ole homebrew

One more year and you can do it legally :D, stil can't drink it of course.

Cap'n Jewbeard's Fyne Fermenteds- I have occasionally operated under the name Cap'n Jewbeard for the past few years, and the different brews tend to (generally...) have some reference to the sea or piracy.

see my Avatar for our logo and Motto.

"Memento Sicci" - Remember, you will be dry!

Murchadha Brewing

It's the original source of the Murphy last name.

I've a fancy label for my brews, but can't easily post it, until I figure out some sort of free hosting site... (or figure out my 'home web page')

zoebisch01 said:
One more year and you can do it legally :D, stil can't drink it of course.

ohh ohhh of course.

some new bewery just opened up in the small town up the interstate. North Star Brewery in shasta lake city. think its illegal ffor a seventeen year old kid to get a job there cleaning and sanitizing tanks?

Schlenkerla said:
I can't do it, I might loose my brewery license!!!!

I wouldn't want that!!! SWMBO might be smashing all my stash on a the patio when I get home from work!!!!

:mad:

Don't let fear stop you...

:D

musicman said:
ohh ohhh of course.

some new bewery just opened up in the small town up the interstate. North Star Brewery in shasta lake city. think its illegal ffor a seventeen year old kid to get a job there cleaning and sanitizing tanks?

I wasn't trying to be wierd or anything just so you know. Just wanted to give you a heads up on that in case you didn't know.
Anyways, you could try. I am not sure of what actually the fine details, but I would imagine you'd need to actually be brewing the beer, but that is just a guess. You can always ask them, I am sure they know the law on it. But here is the law I was talking about (this is probably not all of it):

http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/subpages/25_205.htm. I just noticed that local law overrides this. I find this quite odd. So I am guessing in most places you need to be 21 legally. I find all this so confusing. lol.

While I have yet to even sample my first batch, my father gave me a what I thought to be a really great name for a beer or brewery as our last name is O'Neill: O'Nihilism. So I threw together a really quick Photshop label with that name under the O'Neill coat of arms. Still working on tweaking the spelling a little.

well, with a last name like Frew... It was a logical choice

Frü Brü

was thinking for a logo, for the u's have mugs, with carbonation bubbles (2 above each) floating just abobe the mug.

"Big J Brewery" I'm a pretty big fella, and my name is Justin. I've been sketching some label ideas when the boss isn't around at work. Maybe I can get some posted in a bit.

Bad Dog Brewing - Love him to death, but if he chews up one more delivery from the UPS guy, I'm gonna string him up. Our usual driver leaves the packages at the lamp post where the dog can't reach (electric collar) but when someone else takes the route, they just leave it up where the dog lays. Here's my first label. Haven't had time to tweak it anymore or to work on the others that I need. Maybe next week...

Red Head Ale Label.jpg

It's WAY too early for me to be thinking of a name, but I am anyways :) If nothing else, when I find a new hobby I embrace it wholeheartedly...

I was thinking Two Old Dogs but there is already a Two Dogs. So, I'm thinking Alte Hunde, which is German for Old dogs. It's a nod to our family pets as well as my German heritage. I was born in the Rhine valley which is wine country, but Mom is Bavarian from Munich, home of Oktoberfest :)

MariaAZ said:
It's WAY too early for me to be thinking of a name, but I am anyways :) If nothing else, when I find a new hobby I embrace it wholeheartedly...
Never too early to start thinking of a name. I thought about it, for a few minutes every day, by just looking around at what was brewing, how it was doing and what was happening at the time. Then the name hit me as I was cleaning up the remnants of a cardboard box from AHB...Only took me 6 months to come up with it.

MariaAZ said:

I was thinking Two Old Dogs but there is already a Two Dogs. So, I'm thinking Alte Hunde, which is German for Old dogs. It's a nod to our family pets as well as my German heritage. I was born in the Rhine valley which is wine country, but Mom is Bavarian from Munich, home of Oktoberfest :)

I lived in Mainz when I was young - is that on the Rhine Valley?

dibby33 said:
I lived in Mainz when I was young - is that on the Rhine Valley?

I was born in Ingelheim, which is a bit south and west of Mainz. Both are on the Rhine river. I only know it's wine region because we had a few friends who had commercial vineyards and I have childhood memories of the area. In looking at a map, although they are pretty close, Mainz is in the Rheingau region and Ingelheim is in the Rheinhessen region. They grow the same varieties of grapes though.

Back