Scotish Ale Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gargon

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had a good Scotish Ale recipe for the extract brewer? had founder's Dirty Bastard and loved it!

I took my wee-heavy recipe out of the magazine that had 100 recipes (forget the issue).

I then added about 3lbs of extra extract that I had laying around and changed the hops a little and got a slightly heavier alcohol content (about 10-11%).

Very tastey.. and very malty sweet.

:)

racked my Wee Heavy to the secondary today, man that smelled good! I'm just going to try and forget about it this summer... and bottle in September....

you think it would be more cost effective to get everything seperate or just get a kit from AHS or somewhere simular from the past kits were always so so on flavor and alcohol % but when i mix up my own they turn out great?

Not to knock the AHS version, but I had/have the MoreBeer version and it is fantastic! It sounds like any of the big Home Brew stores will have a good one. Pick which ever one you shop with more.

Back