New kettles!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrock18t

Reaction score
Just received my new 60qt aluminum kettles today.. They look awesome. Cant wait to start building my rig.

IMG_20111121_221149.jpg
[/IMG]

I got them on ebay for 65 bucks a piece with lids. Shipping was 15. 240 for the 3. I have been weighing my options as far as keggles ss pots or aluminum and decided on these.the inlet downside I see is that aluminum will be harder to clean but for the savings I don't mind spending a few more min scrubbing. For anyone on a budget I would highly recommend these.

Any recommendations on brew stands.I am strongly considering brewers equipment mild steel stand.has anyone purchased one of these yet?

You should do a search on the forums for brewers equipment. Not a lot of postive feedback. I have never made a purchase from them but I doubt I will based on the issues other folks have had.

I have the two tier stand from brewers equipment. I would never buy from them again. Search around Im not the only one. They make promises they cant keep.

Thanks for the heads up fellas.. Man there are some horror stories out there about him. To bad, his stands looks nice and affordable..

So, i have hardware to attach for the hlt and bk with dip tubes and i was wondering how far from the bottom i should drill the holes. The dip tube for the hlt is for bargain fittings and is about three inches tall. i was thinking about triming this down and drilling my holes about 2 or less from the bottom. i would like all of my valves at the same level so i am curious what is the normal height of a dip tube on a false bottom (i have not purchase one yet what would you guys recomend).

To be honest i would wait until you have them in hand and then measure and cut. the diptubes need to be somewhat precise.

Latest posts

Back