anybody ever smoke the leftover hops???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but sadly no THC...

They actually are quite nice but don't expect a buzz from them. Maybe mix a bit in with your tobacco pipe. No need to go for a noble hop. 16% Warrior is pretty kind IMHO.

"Hops are also used in herbal medicine in a way similar to valerian, as a treatment for anxiety, restlessness, and insomnia. A pillow filled with hops is a popular folk remedy for sleeplessness. Hops may be used alone, but more frequently they are combined with other herbs, such as valerian. The relaxing effect of hops is largely due to a specific chemical component: dimethylvinyl carbinol"

-wikipedia

This topic comes up a lot.

At the price that hops are right now, wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy weed? Never bought it or smoked it, so I don't know.

This topic comes up a lot.

At the price that hops are right now, wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy weed? Never bought it or smoked it, so I don't know.

yeah it's definitly a funny topic

lol, in before the lock.

and its probly not worth it like that wizzard smoke u see on the net

There's a good thread around here somewhere (too lazy to use the search function) about a homebrew competition where somebody added cannabis to a high gravity beer in secondary for a few weeks and it had quite the kick off just one bottle. THC is not water soluble, it needs to be dissolved in fat or alcohol, boiling in water won't work. Dryhopping with the stuff does, apparently.

I did not realize how old this thread was yesterday. Who keeps digging these things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back