Help with a measurement for a faucet shank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody with one of these:
4334AS.jpg

Can you tell me the diameter of both the threaded part (need to drill a hole) and the diameter of the black facing ring?

Please?
http://www.micromatic.com/images/3/300x300/4334AS.jpg

Why would I need a tape measure if I don't even have a shank yet?

Speaking of shanks, I need to order these. Is this what I want?
NippleShanks.jpg

If it says 1/4 and 3/16 are available, I want 3/16 if iI use 3/16 beer line, right?

Do you guys have the ones with the barb fitting on the end or without? Is that what they call a "tail-piece"?

I find that my 3/16" beer line is a better fit on the 1/4" shanks. It is a very tight fit and you have to stick the tip of the line in boiling water for 20-30 seconds to soften it enough to get in on, but it's just a tighter fit than on the 3/16" shanks.

I have elbow shanks in my tower and yes, they are barbed. The end that the beer line attaches to is the tailpiece. The length of the shanks that you need is dependent upon the thickness of what you are mounting them through.

John

7/8" hole is a tight fit, but true. You want the tightest hole possible for this. I drilled 7/8". I used a dremel on the inside fridge hole to make the shank fit straight. You could use a 1" hole but the nut on the inside would have less to bite on.

3/16 beer line fits on the barb assuming you can work it on. I used no boiling water just 'the guns' as I like to call them. I am using the 5' of 3/16 line at 10psi and 40degrees. Good for my beers. I like them a bit warmer but that happens with time in the glass.

Back