First Kitchen Sink Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksbrain

Reaction score
So today was brew day. I was scheduled to make a Barley Wine and a Stout, but I still have a full untapped keg of stout, so it didn't seem sensible to make another stout. Especially since it's summer.

I determined my wheat was going to run out soon, and I didn't have a suitable replacement lined up, so I wanted to make the wheat. No big deal, I could just use a brew sheet from an old brew day and follow that.

Oops! Not enough wheat. So it became my first frankenbier, and it was totally unplanned. I ended up using up a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to get rid of - mainly the rest of my C10 so I can put Caramalt in that bin instead, but also some other random stuff.

In the end, it's still 1.044 with plenty of wheat, US-05, and a mere 18 IBU, so it should fit the summer drinking bill left vacant by the wheat, but it was weird going by the seat of my pants like that!

Just thought I'd share :mug:

When you're used to brewing with a regimen, it's difficult to break the mold and create something you envision in your head. I did the same a few months ago, I had a sack of 2-row and some leftover hops and yeast in the fridge. Toasted my own biscuit and dark caramel to create "The leftover Session". Ended up very close to an ordinary bitter and was freakin' delicious. :)

Back