Opening day of 2009 Basketball season...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalarast

Reaction score
So when your football team is terrible (Raiders) you only have one hope and that's Basketball for me!

Opening night tonight fellas and Celtics and Cavs starting it off! Come on Boston make me happy tonight! Followed up by Lakers and Clippers...

Don't know of how many NBA fans are out there; but I'm hoping for a great year again!

Oh and let's go for a Boston replay of two years ago :D:D

Pistons are basically a new team this year. I think they have some good young players, but we'll see how they play together as a team. Likely not as powerful as they were a few years ago. Hopefully they will make the playoffs. Who knows from there. There are plenty of better teams out there!

Mark my words: Warriors. That's right: Warriors, baby.

Team of the future.

You heard it here first.

Pistons are basically a new team this year. I think they have some good young players, but we'll see how they play together as a team. Likely not as powerful as they were a few years ago. Hopefully they will make the playoffs. Who knows from there. There are plenty of better teams out there!

Unfortunately this is true. I am not too confident with them this year, nor the wings, or the lions (ever), or the economy... Got to love Michigan...

We still have a lot of good beer though!

They take a little time off and then play overseas and then play preseason. So compared to most sports not that much time off. But since they are very well paid I have no sympathy for them since I can enjoy more Boston Celtics goodness!

Yeah Detroit is coming into a new team this year and I would like to see them be a presence this year so I can hear less of "I love the Lakers/Cavaliers" groupies.

And who watched the Boston and Cavaliers game last night? Both teams played good.. or should I say Boston played good and King James and his assistants played good. I hope Labron moves onto a team that is better deserving of him (I'm not saying Boston cause he would not fit in) but perhaps the Bulls so he can really, as he is leading toward, be the next Jordon.

And I didn't watching the Lakers/Clippers game... but did the Lakers just barely win that game as the score suggested or did Kobe and started sit out the game and admire their rings and let the bench play? I mean the Clippers only lost by a few points... come on?

Ah, Pistons won! I didn't watch the game. Daughter was sick and I read to her for a bit, then got tired myself. A 15 yo girl should start being independent, but she loves it when I read the Discworld books to her.

Anyway, perhaps the younger guys will not be as bad as I thought, and Ben Wallace is back, and although he's not getting any younger, he could still provide a positive presence on the court.

I'm just glad AI is gone...

Cav's will barely make playoffs this year, C's or Orlando in the finals with Bryant and Co. Rinse, repeat. The battles between the C's and Orlando this year are going to be real epic with the new pickups and trades. Watch out for Anderson that came from the Nets to Orlando, he's real nasty on the perimeter. I would snatch him on your fantasy league if you play one.

Yeah I would love to see Celtics in playoffs again and playing good. I'm just hoping for no injuries for the team (especially KG, Pierce, Rondo, and Allen). Big Baby Davis can keep picking fights and being injured though...he's worthless and well just a big baby.

I watch the NBA because I love basketball and don't have a team allegiance- I just enjoy the quality of play, as long as it's not the Nets of Knicks, which of course I could watch whenever I want. The ESPN and TNT national games are quality, though.

I'd be remiss, as a UNC alum and a NC boy, if I didn't mention that the NBA simply fills the gaps between good college games. The Heels will be fun this year- no pressure, lots of talent, and lots of room for progress. The NBA's nice, but being from Tobacco Road, nothing comes close to ACC hoops for me.

Back