Help me choose my third brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miatawnt2b

Reaction score
I have brewed 2 beers now, an IPA which is carbonating, and an oatmeal stout which is conditioning in the secondary for a bit yet. This means that I have a pair of primary fermenters doing nothing, which correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a sin right?

Anyhow, I am looking for another brew to put in the kegerator along with these two, and I can't seem to figure out what I want. So I am putting it up to the forum to give me some ideas. I would prefer to keep the alcohol content under 7.5% or so, and I would also like something maybe a little lighter that will compliment the heaviness of my IPA and my Stout. The recipe also has to be at most a partial mash since I have not yet built my tun.

thanks for your help...

-J

The stout is roasty, the IPA is hoppy. If you're interested in experimenting with different kinds of flavors, you could use to try something malty, like a scottish 80 shilling, or maybe a british ordinary bitter. Or you could go with something that highlights the yeast, like a hefe or a belgian. For something dark, belgian abbey dubbels are nice & benefit a lot from the various specialty grains you can use in the mini-mash. As brewt00l suggests, a kolsch or steam beer would be a nice chance to practice fermenting at (somewhat) lower temps. You have a good problem!

I'm definitely putting my vote in for English Bitter. I am actually a little upset with myself that I dont have one laying around right now. Bitters are always good beers to have around if you ask me.

Do cheesefoods caramel cream ale. I made the extract version a while back and liked it alot. Ive got the all grain planned to do soon.

Back