Scottish Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JewWario

Reaction score
So I just finished my label for my (just this weekend) bottled ale. Lemme know what you all think.
ScotAle.jpg

It looks great. I would put "Royal Corgi" in a banner instead of a box. It would also be awesome if you could bring out the pattern in the kilt a bit more. Over all, it's a nice design with a nice balance to it. Good job!

i've got two corgis. they dont play the pipes though.

:eek: :eek: :eek: omg!!!! what self respecting corgi owner doesn't teach them the pipes??

Well I hope you taught them how to poor you a beer.:mug:

doubleb said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: omg!!!! what self respecting corgi owner doesn't teach them the pipes??

Well I hope you taught them how to poor you a beer.:mug:
...thinks about it... looks at my corgi.... continues to think about it....

Hmmm.... perhaps. I'll try to get a picture in a few weeks when it's ready to drink.

Anyways, all kidding aside, I agree with the idea to put a banner at the top... I'll ask my friend how to do that on Corel 9. Unfortunately I'm just learning the program.

Ya, corgis originated in wales, but it's not something that really bothers me. Brittanies are good looking dogs. I tried Black Dog Ale last week. It's got a big black lab on the cover. Something with dogs on bottle art...

This is potentially a great waste of time, but here is a list of dog breeds by country for those who may be interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dog_breeds_by_country#Scotland

But then I get into the problem of what to dress the Corgi in if he's welsh.

(insert insulting British joke here)

"Royal Corgi" is just the name of my "brewery"... so expect to see the guy in lots of different outfits. I'm brewing a Halloween beer next.

Sounds good. I just hope you keep the dog hair to a minimum, because that stuff has got a way of finding its way into anything! I'm a big fan of scottish ales. Just need to muster up the courage to brew one myself. Let us know what you decide to brew for Halloween.

HOKEY SMOKES! My buddy did an amazing label from my image. He said he could make it better... and he wasn't kidding!

By the way, that's my clan tartan. GLEE!

I still have no idea for the Halloween beer... although it's probably too late now (I like them to age a bit). So, I guess it's thinking of a Thanksgiving beer.

Oh... and the Scottish ale ROCKS. It's very refreshing.
madcorgiskillz.bmp

Back