Deal on perlick faucets???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit... just bought one at standard price! :mad:

Looks like the negative and neutral feedbacks are all related to slow shipping and lack of communication. But most of the feedbacks are positive. I guess it's worth the possible wait to save $10+?

FYI - This is an upgrade price on their kits.

This offer is only good for kits that include conventional beer faucets or beer towers & not pony taps.

I'm putting together my kegerator now and I want perlicks, so this is a good deal for me. Thanks.

See now I don't feel so bad. :D

Oh wait, the Shirron would have been cheaper. :mad:

Screw it, all my troubles will wash away after my first draft homebrew crosses my lips. :)

What the hell does UPGRADE kit mean? How do you upgrade a ****ty faucet to a perlick forward faucet?

You have to buy an item from his store that already has the cheap faucets. Buying this replaces the cheap faucets in the kit.

I bought a couple of cornies from him a few months ago. Since I have a friend that lives here and travels to Huntsville often, he allowed them to just be picked up rather than having to ship. I've talked to him on the phone and he seems like a pretty nice guy. I wouldn't worry...but I have seen better prices with some patience.

Also those faucets just look cheaper. Notice how the screw in end piece isnt the same size as the faucet for a smooth look. The ventmatic faucets (real ones) are totally smooth and great looking

gonzoflick said:
Also those faucets just look cheaper. Notice how the screw in end piece isnt the same size as the faucet for a smooth look. The ventmatic faucets (real ones) are totally smooth and great looking
That's an aesthetic difference. I've never heard the Perlick categorized inferior to the Shirron/Ventmatic before. They are both great faucets.

Chris_K said:
Obligatory comparison of Ventmatics vs Shirrons

Linkster
That's apparently an outdated comparison. The valve stem on my Perlick doesn't look like that at all. Also, the comment about the seal is misleading. A bigger seal does not necessarily make a better seal. Assuming equal densities, it takes more force to make a positive seal over a larger surface area than a smaller surface area.

Latest posts

Back