Im convinced all grain is the way to go.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Well finally got around to trying my first all grain beer after being in the bottle for a week. Its green and under carbonated but I can already tell its going to be good, better than any extract beer I have done. Im not really sure I could tell a difference between this and a commercial wit. Thanks to all that have given great advice and helped me along the way. Im never looking back!! :rockin:

Good to hear. I am moving to all grain for the same reason. Just need to get this apfelwein out of my fermenter. . .

That is good news! I have done 2 all grains and they are both in the secondary waiting for APA that is in my keg to be finished man life is hard!:mug:

Beerrific said:
Good to hear. I am moving to all grain for the same reason. Just need to get this apfelwein out of my fermenter. . .
Once you go all grain, you will definitely want additional fermenters.

All grain will make you a hard-core, brewing addict.

yes it will, I think im moving to three gallon batch, just cause I cant drink the stuff fast enough. As for the apfelwein don't hold your breath mine has been fermenting away for 6 weeks now.

Ryanh1801 said:
yes it will, I think im moving to three gallon batch, just cause I cant drink the stuff fast enough. As for the apfelwein don't hold your breath mine has been fermenting away for 6 weeks now.

Just yesterday I called a buddy over to help me bottle some APA . I had two brews waiting in the secondary ready to keg. While cleanig the bottles we polished off the APA so there was no need for the bottles. At this point he said forget the bottles just call me over anytime you need to empty a keg and we will just drink it! My neighbors always drop by when I am in the garage and they often will bring a glass so getting rid of homebrew is not a problem. Moral of the story is: NO NEED TO MAKE LESS HOMEBREW!:mug:

I am an all-grainer, however, we must remember not to chastize our extract brethren, they do it for the love of something common among all brewers. While I agree all grain is the biggest rush and hugest boner for me, I was once a young padawan extract brewer, learning the tricks of the trade. Some brew extract because they do not have the resources available to brew AG. We are all brewers and nothing should separate us. So next time someone gets going on the AG EG argument lets piss in their face and puke in their primary.

Im definitely not trying to look down at extract brewing at all. Just wanted to make that clear.:eek: Also looks like I will stick to 5 gal. batches I got a friend over to try some and well he fell in love and is wanting to split cost and in return get some of the beer.:rockin: He drink coors light and said "i don't ever want to drink that stuff again after having this".

Latest posts

Back