Green Flash Summer Saison Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glebeau

Reaction score
I've been searching for a clone of Green Flash's Summer Saison, but thus far have come up empty. As my wife is really wanting me to brew a clone of this, I'm hoping someone here has attempted to re-create it.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"Our Summer Saison is a delicious golden farmhouse ale, brewed with orange peel, ginger, and grains of paradise. A very refreshing, Belgian-inspired summer ale."

The grist is probably pretty simple, pils and maybe some wheat. OG is probably 1.038 or so (good attenuation will get you up to 4.2% ABV). Moderate bitterness, light on the finishing hops. Add the spices near the end of the boil, go easy on them (just a few grams of each) you can always add more later.

You can try contacting the brewery to find out what yeast they use and any other details they are willing to share.

Thanks for the note, Oldsock. I'm assuming that a fairly standard Saison recipe will work (as you've outlined), plus the spices noted by GF. I'll contact the brewery to see what they'll share - I may try to stop in as they're fairly close to where I live.

Once I get some more information I'll take a crack at a recipe and post for comment.

Back