priming with a ported better bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NotALamer

Reaction score
I have a ported better bottle and I was wondering if I could add priming sugar to the primary and mix it up, wait a few hours for the trub to settle back down, and then bottle it? I would prefer not to have to rack off the trub and then prime and bottle from there since the better bottle has a nice racking setup right on it.

It's been a while since I've carbonated in bottles, but I would be concerned about waiting a few hours after adding the priming sugar-- you might lose some carbonation because of the yeast fermenting the priming sugar while you are waiting.

-Steve

You'll also be stirring up all the trub at the bottom of your primary so you're going to end up with a ton of crap in your bottles. Get yourself a bottling bucket.

The racking port is there to make it easy for you to rack off your beer to a secondary or bottling bucket and leave the trub behind.

Back