Lagering??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thdewitt

Reaction score
I just brewed a Pilsner and I have a question. I was planning to ferment it at 50 degrees for about 10 days. Then I was going to bring it to 55 for 2 days for a diacytal rest. Here is the question. At this point can I put it in a corney, still in on co2 in my keezer and let it lager for 14 days under pressure at 35 degrees, or is it better to lager in a secondary carboy in another fridge at 35 degrees. It would be great to do it in the keezer as I would have a fermentation fridge open for another batch.

Thanks,
Tom

I was just listening to a show with Dan Gordon. He was suggesting a week in the primary at your ferm temp, rack to a secondary for another week off the yeast, then rack to a third vessel (he mentioned a corny keg). 2 weeks at 4°C then drop it to 0°C for 4 weeks.

Says the 3 vessels get more and more yeast out of suspension (aside from the cold). He doesn't put over-pressure to it. Allows it to naturally carb at the 4° inside the keg. Vents the pressure from that (says it holds about 8psi like that).

So, yeah, get that baby in the keg and lager it. :)

Back