40 Plate heat exchanger from Keg Cowboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airbalancer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished integrating this 40 plate heat exchanger into my system. haven't run any wort yet but I did a couple test runs with water. Using 45 degree tap water , It cooled it right down to 68 at around 1 gallon per minute. I will probably end up using my immersion chiller as a pre-chiller in the summer when the tap water is in the seventies.

Mike

hx01.jpg

hx02.jpg

hx04.jpg

Looks great, I have been wanting to pick one up for a while now. Also love the bracket that you have to hold it in place, very well done.

Chromados

A fellow HBT member asked me to make him a bracket in mild steel so I ended up making three. If anyone is interested I will post the other two in the classified section.
Thanks
Mike

hxbracket01.jpg

hxbracket02.jpg

hxbracket03.jpg

A fellow HBT member asked me to make him a bracket in mild steel so I ended up making three. If anyone is interested I will post the other two in the classified section.
Thanks
Mike

hxbracket01.jpg

hxbracket02.jpg

hxbracket03.jpg

I am Interested in one, what are you asking for one? Would it fit a 30 plate chiller? And are you willing to ship them?

Chromados

I am Interested in one, what are you asking for one? Would it fit a 30 plate chiller? And are you willing to ship them?

The 40 plate measures 7 1/2" x 2 7/8" , if the 30 is the same size then yes. 45 bucks which includes shipping.
Mike

I just finished integrating this 40 plate heat exchanger into my system. haven't run any wort yet but I did a couple test runs with water. Using 45 degree tap water , It cooled it right down to 68 at around 1 gallon per minute. I will probably end up using my immersion chiller as a pre-chiller in the summer when the tap water is in the seventies.

Mike

hx01.jpg

hx02.jpg

hx04.jpg

Great Pictures. Do you have any interest in submitting to the $50 store credit thread? If we use them in a catalog or poster then we will give you store credit.- Jeff

Back